Spouse Visa

Today I went to the local amphoe because of getting full parental rights of my thai child so I am would beable apply for a 1 year visa spouse visa extension. I am not married with the thai mother by the way (also have no intention to do so).

Currently I am holding the original thai birth certificate with my name on it as father (thai letters, nationatliy and age) and also the tambien baan book stated me as father (name in thai letters and nationality). So I went to the amphoe because I wanted to get full parental rights because as far as I understand here this is not enough to get 1 year exntension or visa. The officer told me that I am already on the birth certificate and tambien baan and asked me what exactly I wanted more. I told her that I need full parental right to get a 1 year visa for the country. (actually I don't know exactly what kind of documents or paper I will get if I have full parental right). She told me that I am the father of the child already. I asked her how is this proof-able, because the birth certificate and tambien baan just showing my name, age and nationality but not any document number like Passport number etc. She told me if I want a number in the tambien baan I will need a yellow book (tambien baan for foreigners) with this book I have a number which can be transferred into the tambien baan of the child. So actually I was leaving with empty hands and my wife suggested to go the immigration and ask if this would be enough.

I went to the immigration and the lady at the information counter (not sure if she was an immigration officer, but she seemed to know what is going on) checked my documents, passport, tambien baan, birth certificate and told me it is possible to get 1 year extension if I have 400k THB on a thai bank account for at least 2 months and some neighbor of the village (not a family member) would also come and testify that I am the father.

So my question is actually if someone can tell me if I have already parental rights because my name is in the birth certificate and in the tambien baan and is this really enough for the 1 year extension? And would this be enough to get a 1 year multiple entry visa outside thailand. I heared Savannakhet Embassy or Consulte do not require financial proof for a 1 year multiple entry because I dont have 400k thb on a thai bank account and will probably dont have it in the next 6 months.

No, you are not the legal father. See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/ and it is not enough for an extension of stay.

Depending on the age of the child you will need to go to court and establish you are the legal father and have parental rights. That will be enoug, together with an income of 40,000 a month OR 400,000 in the bank.

An extension doesn't seem to be in the cards for the next 6 months, at least, according to what the OP posted.

His second question is still unanswered.

Can he get a multiple entry visa in Laos using the documents he currently has?

Ok the process of getting legal parental right through court is in progress now smile.png I will update you guys...

If I don't have the 400k on a bank account or 40k income, do I have any options to stay in Thailand (based on Non-O Visa) without to exit the country every 90 days? I am under 50 years old by the way.

As far as I understand after having the legal parental right I have the following options:

- 60 days extension; just with the birth certificate (no legal parental right or income requirements needed)

- 90 days Non-O single entry visa; just with the birth certificate (no legal parental right or income requirements needed)

- 1 year multiple entry Non-O visa; 'WITH' legal parental certificate but without any income proof at Savannakhet

So my questions is if I can do a infinite 90 days extension in Thailand with the legal parent certificate or just the one time 60 days extension?

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Ok the process of getting legal parental right through court is in progress now smile.png I will update you guys...

If I don't have the 400k on a bank account or 40k income, do I have any options to stay in Thailand (based on Non-O Visa) without to exit the country every 90 days? I am under 50 years old by the way.

As far as I understand after having the legal parental right I have the following options:

- 60 days extension; just with the birth certificate (no legal parental right or income requirements needed)

- 90 days Non-O single entry visa; just with the birth certificate (no legal parental right or income requirements needed)

- 1 year multiple entry Non-O visa; 'WITH' legal parental certificate but without any income proof at Savannakhet

So my questions is if I can do a infinite 90 days extension in Thailand with the legal parent certificate or just the one time 60 days extension?

Without legitimization you can combine the single entry non-o you can combine it with the 60 day extension and get almost 5 months without leaving the country.

Once you have the paper work and get the multiple entry non-o you can do the same as the single entry and not have to leave for 5 months.

Without having the financial proof for the one year you other choices are limited to going to school or working to stay longer than the 90 + 60..

Only a 60 day extension would be available if you don't meet the financial requirements. That one is given one time per entry.

I am planing to go immigration tomorrow and apply for the 60 day extension based on a thai child (still only have the birth certificate).

Can you tell me what documents I will need tomorrow and does the child and his mother and a witness need to come with me?