How many days remaining do I need on my Non-Imm O visa to appy for 1yr extension.

I looked through the forum but I didn't find the info I need, forgive me if I am asking a question that has been asked and answered.

I got myself in a bit of a bind and I can't get to immigration to extend my non-imm O visa until near the end of the allowed stay on my latest stamp.

Can I apply in the last week of my current allowed stay or do they need it earlier for processing or something?

I am on the last entry of my Non-Imm O and I don't want to have to do a border run to get another one.

If I am too late to apply for the one year extension, is it possible to get the 60 day extension and then apply for the annual extension while on the 60 day extension?

Anyone know what the rules are on this?

CM immigration allow applications 45 days before visa expiry date. Give quite a large window to apply.

Could do the day before expiry date but would be pushing your luck if you needed something.

Edited by newcomer01

You can go on the last day if it is necessary , for example account 400k not 2 month seasoned. 

In case on your last day money is still not seasoned long enough, you can apply for another 60 days, pay 1900 and waitcoffee1.gif ....

If you apply for example after another 30 days (1900 again !) , your valid dates for that extension change to the new date of application plus one year.

The one time I almost f**d up, I went to immigration on what I thought was a couple weeks ahead. I didn't have my letter from the bank. The staff person was very helpful, gave me a 90 day extension and told me to come back with my papers.

After leaving, I looked at my passport and realized that I had gone there on the very last day of my visa! I don't recommend that procedure. They may not be as kind to you.

Sorry, I  think I'm posting in wrong place, but can't find right one.  Here's what I'd like some feedback on:  was at Chiang Mai immigration yesterday for 90 day reporting, and the place was absolutely packed at 3:30p -- my preferred time, since in later afternoon you can usually walk right up to counter.  I asked the girl at the info counter if the new Promenada location accepted 90 reporting.  She said 'no, just for migrant labor.'  Can anyone confirm this?  What's the status of the new location, and when will they open for all services?

Just a note on the bank letter, they told me they expire in seven days.

For the bank book update, which they called "book bank", make sure you do some sort of transaction (and the update) on the same day you go in.

I'm doing the 800k method, and they told me to let it season for 60 days. However, every falang I talk to about it says it has to season 90 days, not 60.

I have an emergency trip coming up, so I hope I have my facts straight. If I don't, I will just get a re-entry stamp and come back in before the original 90-day expiry.

Any comments?

Thanks for the reply everyone. I won't be waiting for the last day but I may have to wait until about a week before my current stamp expires. I should have a minimum of 5 days left on the current entry when I apply.

Just a note on the bank letter, they told me they expire in seven days.

For the bank book update, which they called "book bank", make sure you do some sort of transaction (and the update) on the same day you go in.

I'm doing the 800k method, and they told me to let it season for 60 days. However, every falang I talk to about it says it has to season 90 days, not 60.

I have an emergency trip coming up, so I hope I have my facts straight. If I don't, I will just get a re-entry stamp and come back in before the original 90-day expiry.

Any comments?

Retirement is 90 days, 400k for married couples is 60 days. I heard some immigration want it 90 days as well.... Never heard immigration want retirement only 60 days, I would rather recommend to season it 90 days - in case you get another agent the next time....

Please don`t misunderstood, I also recommend to go 30 days before your visa expires for your new application.

However, if your 60 days (400k) are full within in very last days of the old extension it does not make any sense to go early!

The agent can not accept the new application before the 60 days are full. Therefore they have to send you home or you waist 1900 in an unnecessary 60 days extension.

Edited by uwe_rayong