Lite Beer

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you suggesting that makes it right?

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

No. I am suggesting that it is not a big surprise that people want to do it.

you're sounding like an apologist

Not just apologist.

• Like 2

One of the great things about growing up in the US was no Cliff Richard. Over the years assorted Brits have assured me of what a blessing this is.

I don't get this thing about kids, and don't want to. I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

I'm just mad about 14 year old girls

and I thought "what the ... ???"

One of the great things about growing up in the UK is it wasn't the US! Over the years meeting assorted Americans have convinced me of what a blessing that was.

I sincerely hope that these allegations are false. You don't have to like Cliff Richard, and I am too young to be fan but he has been an inspiration and is hugely loved by millions of people all over the world. He is a much loved British icon and if this turns out to be true it will have be a huge blow for Britain and fans everywhere..

• Like 1

One of the great things about growing up in the US was no Cliff Richard. Over the years assorted Brits have assured me of what a blessing this is.

I don't get this thing about kids, and don't want to. I saw Donovan in concert in the late 1960s and in Mellow Yellow he sang the line

One of the great things about growing up in the UK is it wasn't the US! Over the years meeting assorted Americans have convinced me of what a blessing that was.

I sincerely hope that these allegations are false. You don't have to like Cliff Richard, and I am too young to be fan but he has been an inspiration and is hugely loved by millions of people all over the world. He is a much loved British icon and if this turns out to be true it will have be a huge blow for Britain and fans everywhere..

Where as i'd rather it wasn't true so childrens lives were not destroyed by these people, instead of the ego's of fat housewives

• Like 2

Where as i'd rather it wasn't true so childrens lives were not destroyed by these people, instead of the ego's of fat housewives

Didn't think I needed to state the obvious,

"Absolutely nobody want's to see or condone the sexual abuse of children"

Better? I guess there will be a lot of people commenting about who he is because of his status in society, perhaps you can take this as read that they also do not condone sexual abuse of children,, it will save you typing a lot of unnecessary replies.

If this nonsense continues, at some point in time we'll likely reach a stage where folks will be arrested for something they may or may not have done, in a previous life

"Nonsense"????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Are you suggesting that makes it right?

Preservation of the human species. Until recently a lot of woman got married at that age - in some parts of the world, a lot still do.

No. I am suggesting that it is not a big surprise that people want to do it.

you're sounding like an apologist

Not just apologist.

Quite frankly, I found the post in question to be more than disturbing. bah.gif

Edited by up-country_sinclair

If this nonsense continues, at some point in time we'll likely reach a stage where folks will be arrested for something they may or may not have done, in a previous life

Please refer to post #40

Edited by ATF

A few years ago, Viz magazine (a satrical comic from the uk) calculated, with extraordinary scientific prowess, the latent pressure in Sir Cliffs unused testicles would, if ever unleashed, have enough jizz velocity to escape earth's atmosphere and maintain a geo stationary orbit around the moon.

Just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 2

So CM, are you suggesting that it is wrong to pursue a Peado for his crimes just because it may have happened a long time ago.

It may be nonsense to you but to the victims (and to most normal people) this is very far from nonsense.

• Like 1

Please refer to post #40

Please refer to the subscription page of the Sun, Mirror, National Enquirer or Daily Star, so as to remain up to date on such matters.

So CM, are you suggesting that it is wrong to pursue a Peado for his crimes just because it may have happened a long time ago.

It may be nonsense to you but to the victims (and to most normal people) this is very far from nonsense.

You are asking me if I think there should be a statute of limitations on various crimes? My simple answer is yes and it comprises two parts:.

Firstly: I do not believe for one moment that the vast majority of humans are capable of accurate recall, of details that comprise events that are forty or fifty years old.

Secondly: we live in a an age where morals and principles are often second rate for so many people, the sad state of the legal system in many countries compounds this. It is therefore far too easy and the system far too accommodating, to point the finger at someone and suggest they did this that or the other, the potential rewards are in themselves an incentive to lie.

Please refer to post #40

Please refer to the subscription page of the Sun, Mirror, National Enquirer or Daily Star, so as to remain up to date on such matters.

I just did and he has renounced his British Citizenship and is now a citizen of Barbados. Police have removed items from his house. He is currently in Portugal.

It was just too good to be true.

So you obviously have finished your criminal investigation into the matter and decided that there's no evidence to proceed to the courts with.

Perhaps you'd like share the reasons why you came to such a conclusion?

You are asking me if I think there should be a statute of limitations on various crimes? My simple answer is yes and it comprises two parts:.

Firstly: I do not believe for one moment that the vast majority of humans are capable of accurate recall, of details that comprise events that are forty or fifty years old.

Secondly: we live in a an age where morals and principles are often second rate for so many people, the sad state of the legal system in many countries compounds this. It is therefore far too easy and the system far too accommodating, to point the finger at someone and suggest they did this that or the other, the potential rewards are in themselves an incentive to lie.

Your true colours are beginning to show.

You really should stop now before you dig that hole any deeper.

• Like 2

And people wonder why expats in Thailand have a horrible stereotype attached to us.

You're disgusting

So it's okay to abuse and rape children, as long as it happened a while ago..?

Well, full respect to you in a way for standing and up and using a public forum to justify child abuse. Personally I think it's heinous, disgusting crime and the fact it often takes victims years and years to come to terms with it and to stop blaming themselves is utterly heartbreaking, but for you it's "nonsense" and I guess you have to be admired in a way for being prepared to defend such crimes, as strange and repellent as I find that.

I'm not sure how anyone can convict or not convict at this early stage, wouldn't it be prudent to hear what the Police & potentially the prosecutors have to say about it.

Having been involved in criminal investigations for years, I've found it's always prudent to examine the EVIDENCE first. ;)

Perhaps CM is right perhaps he is wrong, hopefully the investigation will reveal all.

• Like 1

Well, full respect to you in a way for standing and up and using a public forum to justify child abuse. Personally I think it's heinous, disgusting crime and the fact it often takes victims years and years to come to terms with it and to stop blaming themselves is utterly heartbreaking, but for you it's "nonsense" and I guess you have to be admired in a way for being prepared to defend such crimes, as strange and repellent as I find that.

I would say that this is dependent on whether you believe pedophiles to be evil and wrong or if you support them.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

You mean you would not recall that 50 years ago you held sex parties at a secret location where children were shipped in by the minibus ?

]

I think even a guy with dementia would remember such disgusting events on his death bed.

• Like 2

Your true colours are beginning to show.

You really should stop now before you dig that hole any deeper.

Sick and creepy.

• Like 1

Blah blah blah, go back and read my views again - any penniless thirty five year old in the UK can now seemingly point the finger at an older wealthy celebrity and accuse them of all manner of bad things, "you did this to me, forty/fifty years ago, remember"? Well actually no. Is this now the replacement for unemployment and disability benefits and lottery losers!"

I do not agree that is appropriate and the herd mentality is beginning to prevail, as demonstrated by the replies in this thread - folks are simply not thinking it all through or looking at the issues objectively.

EDIT: for unnecessary clarity, amongst thinking half way intelligent people or better:

I do not support or condone child abuse in any shape or form, just as I don't support dimwittedness either!

Now perhaps the lead dog would lead the pack elsewhere! Woof!

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

Blah blah blah, go back and read my views again - any penniless thirty five year old in the UK can now seemingly point the finger at an older wealthy celebrity and accuse them of all manner of bad things, "you did this to me, forty/fifty years ago, remember"? Well actually no. Is this now the replacement for unemployment and disability benefits and lottery losers!"

I do not agree that is appropriate and the herd mentality is beginning to prevail, as demonstrated by the replies in this thread - folks are simply not thinking it all through or looking at the issues objectively.

Have you ever looked at the list that appeared in the Elm house files some 30 years ago ?

http://ukpaedos-exposed.com/westminster-scandal-114-secret-files-on-paedophile-cases-missing/the-civil-servant-in-the-home-offices-pie-funding-inquiry-and-his-academic-articles-on-boy-love/councillorspolitical-party-affiliated/elm-guest-house-child-sexual-abuse/

elm-lodge-guest-house-mary-moss-names.jp

I'm not sure how anyone can convict or not convict at this early stage, wouldn't it be prudent to hear what the Police & potentially the prosecutors have to say about it.

Having been involved in criminal investigations for years, I've found it's always prudent to examine the EVIDENCE first. wink.png

Perhaps CM is right perhaps he is wrong, hopefully the investigation will reveal all.

Sure, absolutely- and I don't have an opinion over Cliff Richard one way or the other - but I think most of us agree the idea that just because a crime happened some years ago doesn't diminish the fact it's a crime or it's impact, and has been shown recently with other high profile cases, in the eyes of the law these men are still guilty- and dismissing such investigations as 'nonsense' is exactly the sort of victim-blaming culture that has allowed such situations as this to arise.

I'm not saying anyway is guilty. But the moment you dismiss these investigations and whitewash people purely because it happened a long time ago- well, that really is choosing to ignore the evidence and sends out quite a dangerous message- it's okay to do these things if nobody tells and nobody finds out at the time.

(...obviously by the use of 'you' I don't mean you personally and get we're pretty much arguing the same point...)

• Like 1