Cleared 11 year overstay

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thais (and my countrymen for that matter) don't get the same favours from western countries, as you guys do, when it comes to visas.

No we just give you social benefits, free healthcare, high paying legal employment in any sector, and a clear easy path to permanent residence and a passport. Hope that makes up for it.

I am sure that somehow justifies some people living illegally in Thailand for 10+ years, I just don't get it!

Thais (and my countrymen for that matter) don't get the same favours from western countries, as you guys do, when it comes to visas.

No we just give you social benefits, free healthcare, high paying legal employment in any sector, and a clear easy path to permanent residence and a passport. Hope that makes up for it.

Outright land ownership, don't forget the land ownership. Oh and you don't get thrown out of the country when your wife dies.

• Like 2

thailand earn lots of money on people who overstay a long time, first it 20.000bath fine +++ all the money you put down there .. what they lose that persons overstay really?
but my opinion, follow the law smile.png

propably mostly of them work without WP,

and dont pay tax ,

have you family , thai kids ?

most all infrasstructure is paid by tax,

they use them, but dont pai for it,

so in other way pronounced,

they live a parasite life !

thats ok for u ?

you pay to build it, hi piss in,

and you pay the cleaner to clean it up;

Thanks to the OP for posting despite knowing he would get some flack. I can't understand why anyone would want to overstay for more than a few days but it happens (or used to happen) and it's interesting to read the views of people with a different point of view.

• Like 1

thailand earn lots of money on people who overstay a long time, first it 20.000bath fine +++ all the money you put down there .. what they lose that persons overstay really?
but my opinion, follow the law smile.png

What's 20 k ? Compared to the sum he would have to pay for a visa that let him stay here 11 years ? Thailand didn't earn anything. They lost a lot of money. And then I just count the money around the visa.

Quite honestly it is your type of person, sir, which causes all the problems in the first place.

I notice that you very proud to be such an accomplished criminal - and obviously glad to state this publicly.

I am sure I am not alone in wishing you ill in your next endeavour to besmirch the reputation of foreigners here.

Every single time you come back to post exactly the same canned uncalled judgement, for something that evidently for Thailand it's no crime.

You're wasting your time, but if that makes you fell good, then keep doing it.

Johnnie99 !

well said !!

brake the law is no Gentleman behavier !

To all the overstayers that cleared their OS and came back to Thailand on the correct visa, well done.

Also I do not understand how someone can be on overstay for 11 years but then again this is not my business.

Welcome back.

in the hell with law brakers !!

hey... how many illegals in our home countries ?

in mine they get housing and welfare (800 euros per person)

my mother who worked whole her life, part-time to take care of the kids as a single mother, she got less pension than that and no free housing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illegals, over the age of 65 have to pseudo work 1 day and get full pension rights ....

at least these overstayers in thailand, same as people who pay takes, have no rights overhere, nor pension, nor social welfare

• Like 2

After 11 years my only question would be, why bother ?

Wha bother ?

Someone who brakes immigration law for 11 years,

you can expect he will keep all other rules ?

like work without permit aso ?

kick them out !!

Like in europe !

Lowbrakers you send back there from where they are !!

"Wha"? "Aso"? "Brake"? Europe kicks them out" ?

Which planet are you from ?

Mango66 should urgently request an ED visa and join some English classes.

He probably is an English Teacher.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just keep you execution impeccable - 11 years overstay, 1 post count, that can be sort of a TV record.

There are a lot of guys who just sit back and relax here. The guy I knew who cleared his 10 year overstay has been in Thailand since the 1960s. He's in his mid 80s and virtually never leaves home. He wouldn't have even bothered with clearing his overstay had not his bank refused to give him a new bank book unless he had a valid visa. He has some ancient bank account where he only gets his social security routed through to a Thai bank and can only withdraw it with a bank book. He uses the book once a month. This new book will probably last him the rest of his life. So, he may go back on overstay.

Yah! Exactly the kind of Hardened Criminal and Riff Raft we want to get out of this country with this Crack Down.

Imagine the Crime!

Some Old Foggy just sitting back and relaxing when he comes here, and not worrying about his next Visa and Report Period, and yet still trying to take his money out of his Bank Account without a Proper Visa. So he could be spending it here Illegally, because he Overstayed.

I hope they find 20,000 more just like him in Pattaya, so they can take away there Condos, and put it up for sale, so when the housing market crashes, and no investor wants to invest anymore, I can find much cheaper place to buy or rent. There is already too many places for sale but still very overpriced here. .

• Like 1

While I am glad you could clear things up and were able to come back in OP, I find it rather distasteful. I am not Thai and I am not from a western country. And, admittedly, I am only presuming that you are a westerner. But, all you have done (and some are doing still) is abuse the courtesy afforded to you by a country. It needs to be said that Thais (and my countrymen for that matter) don't get the same favours from western countries, as you guys do, when it comes to visas. If they were to overstay or break any visa rules in most of the western countries, they would most likely never be allowed to enter that country again.

It is a whole lot different than a Mexican trying to stay illegally in the US or a Burmese staying illegally in Thailand. I personally find no excuse to be good enough, TBH.

In the US, it is common, yes--common, for people from Asia to arrive as tourists or students and when their visa expires for them simply to disappear into the economy. In many states, including California, these now illegal aliens can get driver's licenses, bank accounts, even HOME LOANS, all public utilities, and even a taxpayer ID number so that they can receive the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is not a credit but an outright grant of money the US government gives to people who don't make over a minimum amount. And, yes, there is free emergency room treatment, primary and secondary education, and, even, in some states, in-state university tuition breaks. Not to mention that big giant prize dangling out at the end of this golden road called Amnesty, which will likely get 20-30 million illegals residence or citizenship rights.

• Like 2

Just keep you execution impeccable - 11 years overstay, 1 post count, that can be sort of a TV record.

There are a lot of guys who just sit back and relax here. The guy I knew who cleared his 10 year overstay has been in Thailand since the 1960s. He's in his mid 80s and virtually never leaves home. He wouldn't have even bothered with clearing his overstay had not his bank refused to give him a new bank book unless he had a valid visa. He has some ancient bank account where he only gets his social security routed through to a Thai bank and can only withdraw it with a bank book. He uses the book once a month. This new book will probably last him the rest of his life. So, he may go back on overstay.

Yah! Exactly the kind of Hardened Criminal and Riff Raft we want to get out of this country with this Crack Down.

Imagine the Crime!

Some Old Foggy just sitting back and relaxing when he comes here, and not worrying about his next Visa and Report Period, and yet still trying to take his money out of his Bank Account without a Proper Visa. So he could be spending it here Illegally, because he Overstayed.

I hope they find 20,000 more just like him in Pattaya, so they can take away there Condos, and put it up for sale, so when the housing market crashes, and no investor wants to invest anymore, I can find much cheaper place to buy or rent. There is already too many places for sale but still very overpriced here. .

Please remember and use the irony button before a lot of replies go right off the edge.

In the US, it is common, yes--common, for people from Asia to arrive as tourists or students and when their visa expires for them simply to disappear into the economy. In many states, including California, these now illegal aliens can get driver's licenses, bank accounts, even HOME LOANS, all public utilities, and even a taxpayer ID number so that they can receive the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is not a credit but an outright grant of money the US government gives to people who don't make over a minimum amount. And, yes, there is free emergency room treatment, primary and secondary education, and, even, in some states, in-state university tuition breaks. Not to mention that big giant prize dangling out at the end of this golden road called Amnesty, which will likely get 20-30 million illegals residence or citizenship rights.

You've forgot the classic: "then they pop a child or two, and hey presto!".

Of course, not even on half of what you wrote is true, except to Fox news.

I understand what you wrote, but do you really think that any of us will say that it was okay for you you to overstay by 11 years! Frankly I would have kept all of it to myself. For it is folks like yourself that have abused the system. So, thanks for that! Also I am surprised that you were not given a "please do not come back" stamp, for you should have. 11 years? There is no excuse for that amount of time overstaying in any country. Think what you would think if someone did it in your own. But I am glad that the process was easy for you and that your "blood pressure" is back to "normal"; after 11 years of worrying about being caught must have been hellish. 1zgarz5.gif

• Like 1

This makes you the champion, so far. I personally know someone who just cleared a 10 year overstay a couple of weeks ago. But with 11 years, you have nudged into the lead.

Not even close BadBanker cleared a woman with 22 years overstay.

That has to be a good story.

Apologies my mistake he didn't clear her himself. However a lot the people he deals with can't even pay the 20k fine so they pay it in jail time.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/750981-no-money-to-pay-overstay/?p=8240649

For the people who can't come up with the 20,000 Baht Fine, then IMOH, they shouldn't be here. Jail Time should be expected!

If I ever was in that situation I would rush to My Embassy for help! I wouldn't expect any, but once inside the doors this would be my home until they got me home.

After all,as a previous Tax Payer, I paid for that place.

Still might get me Jail Time, but at ;east it wold make the news, when I got home.

Not angry just sad that you treated the law here with such contempt. IMO you should have been blacklisted for at least another 11 years.

Why do you feel that way? I don't understand why there are so many people at this forum angry at other people who take chances with the laws. If the person (op) was in the country for 11 years with no trouble, I think he hasn't made problems for anybody or broke laws, so how did he do harm to you? Please don't say it is because he makes all western foreigners look bad because I am sure Thai population doesn't care if he breaks that law. The Thai population is probably happy that he was here spending his money for the 11 years.

"...people who take chances with the laws"?

What a euphemism! Almost Pythonesque in it's brilliance! I'll have to remember that one if I ever get hauled up in court one day. "No your honour, I didn't break any laws, I was merely taking my chances with them!"

If I ever was in that situation I would rush to My Embassy for help! I wouldn't expect any, but once inside the doors this would be my home until they got me home.

After all,as a previous Tax Payer, I paid for that place.

I think you will find that your'e very wrong in believing that your embassy is "your home". So your President is your uncle, etc. ?

• Like 1

Frankly I would have kept all of it to myself.

He would've kept it to himself, but he posted it in the light of the recent crackdown to encourage others to clear their overstay safely before it's too late.

Think what you would think if someone did it in your own.

If he lived in a developing country that gives foreigners no rights, benefits, employment capacity, healthcare, land ownership or automatic citizenship, where foreigners prop up a large % of the economy yet still have to jump through visa hoops every 90 days even supporting a family, where said country has decided the offence only carries a 20k baht max fine and as per many reports officers are all smiles and jokes when paying it, he probably wouldn't think too much about it.

11 years of worrying about being caught must have been hellish.

People have posted over and over that after decades here, they were never required to show the visa page of their passport to anyone. The idea that you'd be always looking over your shoulder literally only exists on Thaivisa.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

I think the Thai people and authorities have opinions about the foreigners living here that nothing will change. Some will always hate us, some will always like us and some don't care if we are here. When our actions don't have a real effect on them, they won't care if somebody overstays their welcome. And if you do everything within Thai laws, how can it matter what other expats or foreigners do? maybe their bad actions even make you look better for being good and doing everything the Thai government tells you to do.

nonsense. people always judge all by the actions of the few

We can disagree. I think to say that all people will be any way in any situation must be wrong but I will not make more comments.

I read in this forum before i signed up to ask 1 question and I could see that many people love only to insult and make bad remarks here. I said to myself that I would not post comments here because almost all topics here turn into just silly remarks and nasty behaviour. So i guess I should thank you for reminding me to only get information here. It seems there are very many angry people on this forum who need reactions from other people. It's strange.

What the Hell are you talking about?

That because someone disagreed with you, you have then taken offense to this?

Maybe grow tougher skin before you replied to him first.

wish you good luck good on you men sometimes we have problems that will put us in bad situation like overstay or other things .. just like to asked you where did you clear your overstay was it in airport or another place please if you can send me info,, thanks you have good day mate thanks wai2.gif

think what you would think if someone did it in your own.

I couldn't care less if someone lives illegally in the U.S. And, in the U.S. people are eventually given an opportunity to become real citizens. And I say good for them, too!

Edited by John1thru10
  • Like 2