Pics of Lotus Restaurant, Beach Club Demolishment

EBlair48

I was told that the strip of land west of the road running from Nikki beach to just after the turn into the Laguna complex is private land. There is a beachfront plot with chanote for sale right at the t junction when you come out from Laguna and turn right to go to Nikki or left to go up to where lotus was. If what I was told is correct then the entire strip is private so if they are knocking down buildings there it's because they violate the high tide mark or the height restrictions.

Edited by AJBangkok

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the strip of land west of the road running from Nikki beach to just after the turn into the Laguna complex is private land. There is a beachfront plot with chanote for sale right at the t junction when you come out from Laguna and turn right to go to Nikki or left to go up to where lotus was. If what I was told is correct then the entire strip is private so if they are knocking down buildings there it's because they violate the high tide mark or the height restrictions.

Really, now? Don't you thing that if that long strip was chanote, it would be full of swanky hotels rather than a few tin shacks and the now defunct tinpot little beach bars?

• Like 1

^ Thank you... My point is plenty of foreigners enjoys the lax enforcement for themselves, but have no sympathy for these people now out of work, and homes, Probably about 100 people, at least lived behind their businesses.

What really backs up my theory this is a war on the poor is about 1 k north (I just posted these on another pic thread but will here too;) The Banyon tree has about 100 meters of the beach blocked off for it's usage, no entrance signs on the public road blocking access and has several small restaurants operating and sunbeds for its guests.

attachicon.gifPrivate 1.JPG attachicon.gifPrivate 2.JPG

And yes, this is my idea of a great place to vacation attachicon.gifElite No Problem.JPG

But then again about 2 k north of Banyan Tree, tear down is commencing of the private, small businesses..

attachicon.gifBang Tao Aug 19 041.JPG

Sorry, I still don't feel sorry for any of them. I lease my house, I have a wife that I've been with for 5 and a half years. I have a proper visa. They did not have proper land titles and they were using public land as their own. Can't you understand that? Why feel sorry for people that knew what they were doing was illegal? I still wonder what ever happened to the Tiger Disco fire case where people died. I'm guessing they paid to make it go away?

And if the local Or Bor Whores sanction beach vendors with permits, and I know for a fact they do as I applied for one myself no too long ago, ( story in corruption there, too...) then how is one to know it is illegal?

These vendors should initiate a class action suit, except all courts are under martial law now, so.... no options.

It is a recipe for insurrection.

If you don't know the beach to the high water mark is the King's land, then you must not know much about Thailand. I was always pissed off about it and complained to locals about it, no one cared, they were happy just using and trashing the land for their profit. Now, Som Num Na! Karma can be quick here in Thailand. Best to do what you know is right, not what you may get way with.

My entire premise is locals were sanctioned by local govt officials in way of permits (or whatever.. )

And until those officials are ALSO held accountable I will maintain the recent actions are unfair.

Many of those restaurants north of Banyan Tree were only one story. However Nikki Beach which is on private land,( apparently) is about 3 stories

From Phuket News today about Nai Yang..

However, OrBorTor Sakoo officials will now check whether they have building permits. Some of the buildings are two-storey, apparently contravening height restrictions on land along the edges of a beach. - See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/military-use-big-stick-to-tackle-land-tangle-at-phuket-beach-47952.php?nocache=1408511654&respone=LoginWrong#comment
Edited by EBlair48

Guess we will being some supercheap stores opening up close to the beaches very very soon.;-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes you will see lots more supercheaps because the owner's son is prominent in the military.

That is why the investigation into supercheap yai burning to the ground and the probably deaths of burmese staff was fully concluded in 48 hours.

Perhaps a class war is on the horizon in Phuket, but more certain is a massive spike in theft and other crimes against tourists as the job losses bite. As I posted previously, September will be a dangerous month in Phuket. Be careful out there.

• Like 1

^^

So some of that strip is private, and others are not? That doesn't seem right, or some businesses were merely squatters So where are the owners? Hard to see owners of that extremely valuable land ignoring it. And how are squatters on private land anyone's business but the owner? The Reggae bar for instance, ongoing for over 10 years... as a squatter?

^ Yes I agree thefts and robberies will increase. Thousands of jobs have just evaporated and no matter what numbers various officials make up tourism is down and will not get better with these kind of actions taking place.

The elite are now fully militarized.

Edited by EBlair48

Those serving huts are on the sand. The path and signs are attempts to block access albeit do nothing of the kind as one can walk throug scrub to the left or right. However the buildings 2 k to the north being torn down today are behind the treeline, too. So was the ReggaeBbar and the line of restaurants to the north.

Why does Banyan get to privatize that area, but not others?

Because it's private land. They obviously are legal or they would be gone. Not preferable treatment here.

I might add they provide jobs and pay taxes.

Nikki beach was your target last time and they uave been proven to be on private land also.

Stop turning this into a class thing.

And how does Nikki Beach get away with violating height restrictions in zone 1 ? And why is a loud disco allowed to operate at the door of a Marine Park? Permission could have been denied and would have anywhere where govt officials actually do their jobs protecting the public. I had the Cherng Telay head permitting officer shake his head and do the giggle when I asked him these questions. " The big guy ( mayor) signed off on it.."

Those serving huts are on the sand. The path and signs are attempts to block access albeit do nothing of the kind as one can walk throug scrub to the left or right. However the buildings 2 k to the north being torn down today are behind the treeline, too. So was the ReggaeBbar and the line of restaurants to the north.

Why does Banyan get to privatize that area, but not others?

Because it's private land. They obviously are legal or they would be gone. Not preferable treatment here.

I might add they provide jobs and pay taxes.

Nikki beach was your target last time and they uave been proven to be on private land also.

Stop turning this into a class thing.

And how does Nikki Beach get away with violating height restrictions in zone 1 ? And why is a loud disco allowed to operate at the door of a Marine Park? Permission could have been denied and would have anywhere where govt officials actually do their jobs protecting the public. I had the Cherng Telay head permitting officer shake his head and do the giggle when I asked him these questions. " The big guy ( mayor) signed off on it.."

Don't you think you're being a little pedantic?

The army can only do one thing at a time. Define the borders, clean it up.

Can't expect them to be chasing building code violations and excessive noise levels.

There are bigger injustices you could be worrying about besides that.

• Like 1

Don't you think you're being a little pedantic?

The army can only do one thing at a time. Define the borders, clean it up.

Can't expect them to be chasing building code violations and excessive noise levels.

There are bigger injustices you could be worrying about besides that.

Very true but we aren't allowed to discuss those.... ^ Article 116 now forbids criticism as " inciting unrest"

Anyone who is OK with that is a bit of a fascist and will enjoy the dik- potater ship Great article in Prachatai today about police hacking a British guy's email to make another 112 arrest. Gooooo Team, Go !!

SSSSsss Sssst...Staaaa... Staaas- i....anyone ?