Japanese man wants to have 100-1,000 children from surrogacy services

Lite Beer

Its maybe not actually as strange as it first looks, if you take into consideration the huge declining Japanese workforce and that no culture has ever reversed a fertility rate of under 1.9. I'm not saying this is his motive but it could possibly be................

It's not just Japan that faces this issue, England's rate is 1.6, Frances 1.8, Germany 1.2 and Italy also 1.2. The magic number needed for a culture to sustain itself is 2.11.

...and the answer is manufacturing a sufficient workforce in baby-factories???

I neither said I agreed with it or thought it was a good idea, merely put it forward as 1 possible explanation to this guys way of thinking. My first wife was Japanese and I spent a good number of years there and also speak Japanese, which gives me some little insight into their mindset. It is more than possible that if this guy was concerned about his great nation going down the pan, he may well take it upon himself to come up with a (in my opinion) ridiculous solution such as this. Nationalism is as strong in Japan as any other country I have been to.

Or he may just be Yakuza flogging babies, who TF knows...........

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Like the plot for a science fiction movie. Potentially breeding his own secret army to be raised abroard and activated by some secret signal for world domination. You read it first here!!!! LOL Or maybe he though it would make him rich & fan his ego at the same time.

Japanese are strange full stop. I think they still feel aggrieved at losing the war

They didn't as there was no war.

I don't know about now but it used to be their history books had no references of events 1936 to 1946.

....and their lack of length is well documented.

Are you attempting to ephasize their apparent shortcomings (With apologies to David Niven's reference to an Oscars streaker one year.)

Japanese are strange full stop. I think they still feel aggrieved at losing the war

They didn't as there was no war.

I don't know about now but it used to be their history books had no references of events 1936 to 1946.

....and their lack of length is well documented.

Are you attempting to ephasize their apparent shortcomings (With apologies to David Niven's reference to an Oscars streaker one year.)

That's the long and short of it, yes

• Like 1

Wife tells me the talk on Thai Facebook is this Japanese guy is very rich and thinks himself clever and wants to spread his clever genes around.

..then this Japanese guy may be a disguised North Korean and in fact be an uncle of Kim Jung Un who is preparing for a situation described in Bertholt Brecht’s famous epigram: “The people have lost the confidence of the Government; the Government has decided to dissolve the people, and to appoint another one.” smile.png

Its maybe not actually as strange as it first looks, if you take into consideration the huge declining Japanese workforce and that no culture has ever reversed a fertility rate of under 1.9. I'm not saying this is his motive but it could possibly be................

It's not just Japan that faces this issue, England's rate is 1.6, Frances 1.8, Germany 1.2 and Italy also 1.2. The magic number needed for a culture to sustain itself is 2.11.

The Japanese, Singaporeans want more births to keep up their population levels, meanwhile Africa and the Indian subcontinent including Bangladesh etc are breeding like flies. Crazy world innit?.

Certainly is, we're struggling as a planet to feed and support our current population and this guy thinks personally adding another 1000 is a good idea.

• 5 months later...