Indonesia (Madan, Sumatra). Visas required before boarding plane?

Wifey (Thai passport) and I (Australian passport) live in Hat Yai. I am on multi imm O.

We are thinking of a few days in Madan, just for something different to do.

Is Indonesia visa on entry for holiday makers? If not, where do we go for a visa?

Thanks

Australian passport holders can get a visa on arrival at a number of ports in Indonesia, including Polonia in Medan, is that where you mean, Thai passport holders don't need a visa?

Don't forget you must have six months remaining on your passports when you enter Indonesia.

http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/consular/consular_visa_type_arrival.html

Do you need to get a Thai Visa whilst you're away, I don't know if the Medan Honorary Consulate issues visas, you might be better asking in the Thai Visa Forum.

• Like 1

Thai wife should get Visa free entry, Aussie passport can get a Visa on Arrival

Apparently Indonesia unilaterally allows Thai nationals to enter for tourism for 30 days without a visa. Here. (downloads a pdf) I recommend you check and verify with Thai Lion Air before you purchase tickets.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Indonesia allows visa free entry to citizens from all of the ASEAN countries, though when I took my Fillipina to Bali, it took longer for her to get through the Visa free queue than it did me to queue up & buy the visa, then queue up for immigration.

Australian passport holders can get a visa on arrival at a number of ports in Indonesia, including Polonia in Medan, is that where you mean, Thai passport holders don't need a visa?

Don't forget you must have six months remaining on your passports when you enter Indonesia.

http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/consular/consular_visa_type_arrival.html

Do you need to get a Thai Visa whilst you're away, I don't know if the Medan Honorary Consulate issues visas, you might be better asking in the Thai Visa Forum.

Polonia airport is closed since more than one year : now Medan used the new airport at Kuala Namu : I went there 2 months ago with a EU passport using a flight from Hat Yai ...getting visa upon arrival took les than 5 minutes ...all the other passengers did not need a visa and I assume they were Indonesians or Thais

• Like 1