Will Lao residents be affected by the new Thai Visa rules?

I just talked to a friend of mine who is moving to Lao. He says that he gets a 30 day visa at the border and can extend twice, and then has to do an in and out and start over. He is wondering how the Thai new in and out rules will affect him? Will Thailand refuse him entry because he has back to back in and outs, even though his in will be out right away, or will logic prevail? I am posting this in the South East Asia forum as well.

The new rules and crackdown are for people who use back to back in/out visa exempt entries as a means to live in Thailand. Your friend does not fit this profile and therefore will not have any problem.

If I understand correctly your friend will be using occasional visa exempt in/outs to Thailand as a means to live in Laos. Thai immigration authorities will not have a problem with this.

He will be well within the guidelines for exempt entries (not visas) and should have no problem.

He dose not fit the profile of a in/out visa runner because he will not be staying in Thailand for the full 30 days and will of been out of the country for 2 months.

Hi ! Whith the new rules, do you get 30 days on-arrival also crossing the Friendship Bridge, to Nong Khai ?

I live in Laos and cross over, for shopping, 3-4 times a month and get 15 days, but haven't been across since July...

I live in Laos and cross the border weekly. No problems because I live in Laos not Thailand. Why is this so difficult for some people to understand?

You will also understand when for no reason they will tell you that you are not allowed to enter in Thailand for even 1 hour.

Really? Why would they do that?