New passport. Can move visa AND multiple re-entry stamp?

I work here and have a rolling one year visa (and work permit) that gets renewed every May.

My current stamp lets me stay until May 2015.

My passport was filling up so I got a multiple entry re-entry stamp in it for 3,800 baht.

Whilst in the UK I decided to get a new passport so as not to have to renew it inconveniently from LOS

I re-entered Thailand with both passports. The new one was duly stamped in and Immigration noted that I am entitled to stay until May 2015 from my old passport. (Now with the corner cut off)

I know I can go to Immigration and get my visa / stamp moved over to my new passport.

Can I also get my multiple re-entry permit transfered too? I have been told by admin at work that I cannot.

I do have a couple of overseas trips planned between now and May 2015 and dont really want to pay for more re-entry stamps.

Could I just exit and re-enter with both passports until May 2015 or would that be frowned on ?! In May I could then get the visa/stamps moved over to my new passport.

Go to website Immigration Bureau

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Download application form "Transfer stamp to a new passport"

looked at that, and appears iffy, who is sub division 1?, some of those downloads are out of date. Re-entry one for example.

That is the main Thailand immigration site. That form works perfectly as I just renewed my passport and used the form mentioned above with no problems.

• Like 1

Go to website Immigration Bureau

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Download application form "Transfer stamp to a new passport"

looked at that, and appears iffy, who is sub division 1?, some of those downloads are out of date. Re-entry one for example.

I don't know how you would know if a form is out of date because they are not dated.

I don't think immigration has changed any of their numbered forms for many years.

Did the transfer recently, used the Phuket version of the downloadable from.

They transfer information on you last visa, plus issue you with versions of your current extension stamp, re-entry permit plus latest admission stamp.

It takes a while to do this and it uses up about two pages in your new passport - service is free.

• 3 months later...

I have 3 pages left on my current UK passport. I have work permit and B visa extension. Is 3 pages enough for another visa extension and re entry stamp, as I am going to UK after my visa will be extended again and I will get a new passport. Thanks

Yes, it is enough.

I received my new passport last month and I now have to do my 90 day report next week. Is it ok to take both my old and new passport (old passport has corners cut off) to do my 90 day report. Or would I have to transfer the stamps over to my new passport.

You need to get the stamps transferred. You could do both the report and the stamp transfer during the same trip.

I received my new passport last month and I now have to do my 90 day report next week. Is it ok to take both my old and new passport (old passport has corners cut off) to do my 90 day report. Or would I have to transfer the stamps over to my new passport.

You need to get the stamps transferred. You could do both the report and the stamp transfer during the same trip.

Is it possible to do this at the nonthaburi offices?

I had this problem last time doing my 90 day report. I went to changwattana and they told me I have to go to the nonthaburi office, even though I live 5 minutes away from changwattana. Is it possible to use the address of a hotel or would they call them up and confirm that I am staying there?

Complete this form, http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/transferstamp.pdf

Copies of both passport photo pages. Copies of visa, entry/permit to stay stamp, extension stamp and re-entry permit pages of old passport. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Letter from embassy confirming you got a new passport may also be needed. It would be needed at CW but not sure about the Nonthaburi office.