Shaving supplies in Bangkok

kerr17

I had been looking recently for shaving brushes in all sorts of big and small stores in Pattaya and BKK. Unsuccessfully. And nothing useful in the forums.

Finally, a month ago, I found shaving brushes at the MBK Tokyu dpt store - 180 Baht.

I had been looking recently for shaving brushes in all sorts of big and small stores in Pattaya and BKK. Unsuccessfully. And nothing useful in the forums.

Finally, a month ago, I found shaving brushes at the MBK Tokyu dpt store - 180 Baht.

Thanks, only brushes?

Thanks, only brushes?

Well, that's all I needed but they seem to have an assortment of shaving and men's stuff paraphernalia not found else where.

• Like 1

Lazada has a fairly good range of blades, creams and brushes online. They will deliver anywhere in Thailand for cash on delivery. Also check Boots Pharmacies and the major shopping centers such as Siam Paragon and Central Chidlom where you can get Kiehl's cosmetics and Gillette Fusion blades. Personally, I use Jack Black Supreme Cream, which I apply with my hands, not a brush, Gillette Fusion blades, stropped before every use, and Kiehl's moisturizer with SPF 15. I haven't found any local supply for Jack Black so I always bring lots of Supreme Cream with me. Happy shaving!

• Like 1

Plenty of choice between the Big supermarkets and Boots. Boots in particular has a good choice at its larger mall stores. Have not seen brushes though

However, roughly 2 to 3 times the cost of the same stuff in UK supermarkets (and probably same applies to comparison with US). Presumably priced for falangs.

Import your own whenever you visit origin. Bringing in a couple of years supplies of blades is one of the biggest cost to weight savings on your self-import list.

Feather DE blades, purchased today from the ISETAN supermarket on level 5 of the Central world plaza (World Trade Centre) in Bangkok. They are hanging on a stand by the cashier tills.

These are my favourite blade and give an excellent shave used in my Muhle R89 closed comb razor, though I do tend to bleed a bit on the first shave with a new blade. Not tried the yellow ones before, only the blacks so I don't know what the difference is.

I have previously got them from Pratunam market, and a couple of other places.

20140818_141711_zpsc0edebf1.jpg

For the record I use Geo.F.Trumpers shave cream (currently coconut) and a Muhle silvertip badger brush, finishing with Trumpers extract of Lime skin food All of these were purchased in Europe, I doubt they can be found locally.

Edited by davee58

Feather DE blades, purchased today from the ISETAN supermarket on level 5 of the Central world plaza (World Trade Centre) in Bangkok. They are hanging on a stand by the cashier tills.

These are my favourite blade and give an excellent shave used in my Muhle R89 closed comb razor, though I do tend to bleed a bit on the first shave with a new blade. Not tried the yellow ones before, only the blacks so I don't know what the difference is.

I have previously got them from Pratunam market, and a couple of other places.

20140818_141711_zpsc0edebf1.jpg

For the record I use Geo.F.Trumpers shave cream (currently coconut) and a Muhle silvertip badger brush, finishing with Trumpers extract of Lime skin food All of these were purchased in Europe, I doubt they can be found locally.

Great stuff!!

I was looking for those, price also reasonable I would say for being in Thailand.

I was thinking to place an order from Geofatboy but I'm afraid the custom would overcharge me.