Question about Windows 8.0

CFC

I run windows 7 on my my main PC but have Windows 8.0 installed on another PC. I really like Windows 7.0. I dont like the way Windows 8.0 is set up. I read on this forum many months ago there is a program you can download to make windows 8.0 more user friendly and change its appearance but cant find the thread. Anyone know of the program.

Win 8.1 is nice once you leave your fear of upgrading behind and go through a little bit of a learning curve.  And if you are already running Win 8.0, why stick to this earlier version especially when upgrade from Win 8.0 to Win 8.1 is free.   Win 8.1 really provides the best of both worlds--Win 7 and Win 8.1...and gets rid of/modfies some of the Win 8.0 things a lot of people didn't like.  And if desired, use the Classic Shell interface to hang onto some past. 

• Like 1

Windows 9 will be out in the spring and promises to be easier to use than Windows 9. You can read the previews on CNet or ZDNet.

Oops. Should have said easier to use than Windows 8.

Too funny,

I actually liked your Freudian slip. Microsoft should use that line, as it reminds me of the time they did it with Vista.

wikipedia: The Mojave Experiment is an advertising campaign by Microsoft for the Windows Vista operating system. The participants in the experiment were asked about their perceptions of Windows Vista and then were shown a ten minute demo of Microsoft's "next OS," codenamed "Mojave". After the experiment was over, it was revealed that "Mojave" was actually Windows Vista.

Honestly 8.1 and Classic Shell is freakin awesome. All the w8 haters should try it, I bet they'd stick with it over 7. I was a h8ter too once - installed Classic Shell and got instant gratification.

agreed, by far the best windows i have ever used.  i go a month easily without a reboot, stable as hell.

• Like 1