Lightings/Electrical shop which carries home automation items

mike111

I'm looking for specialized dimmers which are used in home automation setups.

Any info on an electrical/lightings shop in jomtien/pattaya which might carry such items?

The staff at the home-depot style megashops were clueless about what I was after

Cheers

The guy who did the build out of our house gets a lot of his supplies from Bangkok. The options here are fairly limited. If you want, I can ask him for the best place to buy items like these.

You might try Boonthavorn. Fairly high end store. There's also a very good electrical shop on Thepprasit, on the left and maybe 200M past the gas station that's on the right, as you are headed to the beach. It's in the block before the first road that angles off to the left. The guy there speaks very good English and is very knowledgeable. If he doesn't have it, he might be able to recommend a place.

Another option is Global House or Hardware House. Neither are in town, but are huge stores. The HH on Hwy 36 as you head towards Rayong is huge. Not too far past it is GH.

Thanks the replies.

Jesse: Is there a landmark to identify soi korpai? Some big shop nearby?

Cragigt: would u know the shop's name (the one on thepprasit)

Opposite to Soi Korpai is the Mityon dealer.

The shops I have in mind are towards the beach on the opposite side of the soi, and towards Sukumvit at the same side of the soi.

The guy who did the build out of our house gets a lot of his supplies from Bangkok. The options here are fairly limited. If you want, I can ask him for the best place to buy items like these.

You might try Boonthavorn. Fairly high end store. There's also a very good electrical shop on Thepprasit, on the left and maybe 200M past the gas station that's on the right, as you are headed to the beach. It's in the block before the first road that angles off to the left. The guy there speaks very good English and is very knowledgeable. If he doesn't have it, he might be able to recommend a place.

Another option is Global House or Hardware House. Neither are in town, but are huge stores. The HH on Hwy 36 as you head towards Rayong is huge. Not too far past it is GH.

Is there anything that you don't know, Craig?

5555 Funny. I know a bit about house building/furnishing after doing a complete renovation here. It wasn't easy...and people here on this forum helped me with this a bunch. I wouldn't have been nearly as successful doing this without everybody's help here. I'm just trying to give back a little....