My Cat Passed Away Last Night...next step?

Hi Everyone, hate to be the bearer of sad news, but my beloved cat passed away in a clinic late last night.

Has anyone had this experience here, and what did you do with the body? Burial, cremation, did you do a whole temple funeral?

I'm open to anything, just a bit clueless at the moment.

Thx,

FF (sniffle)

myself I have never been a cat lover but I cant imagine the grief your going through.

I have a dog who with my wife is my love and god forbid nothing happens to him before I go.

if I found myself in this position as you and you want to do whats best,ask your local village head will the temple do the honours with a small service by one of the monks and I would have it filmed.

r.i.p.loyal one.

• Like 1

Losing a pet is losing part of your family and it is not a joyful moment. I've lived here over 16 years and actually have a pet cemetery in my orchard where 11 of my friends are buried. 4 of my Golden Receivers and a Lab and 6 Thai mutts. They all were part of the family and we grieved at each loss. We buried them in the orchard but did not have any ceremonies. I remember them everyday as they are screen savers on my computers and my TV Avatar is Joey a Golden that I lost about 2 years ago. Change your Avatar to a picture of your cat and you will be with him everyday.

• Like 2

I know the feeling, we've lost a few cats and one dog over the past few years. We're still having the occasional cry about our Parson Jack Russel that was killed by a motorbike in January.

My advice is find a nice spot in your garden, if you have one, or somewhere near to your house where you can dig a little grave.

Another one will come along when the time's right to heal the hurt. This has happened to us quite often. Suddenly a stray kitten calls for help from the most unlikely places.

• Like 2

If you live in the Bangkok area, there are two temples that cremate pets. One is off of Sukumvit but unsure of the address. The other which my girlfriend went to was a temple almost across from Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi Province. They will cremate on Sundays, every Sunday I don't know. There is a monk there if needed and the cremains are given to the pet owner when finished. There was a queue when I took my girlfriend there but only a short wait. There is a charge that depends on the size of the pet. I was told the other temple charges more but that is only second hand information.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and suggestions. I live in a condo so burial wasn't an option, but I did find a Wat to do a cremation.

Through a company called PetMaster I found out about Wat Gai Tia in Taling Chan. They have a quiet little area that does the cremation and provides an urn, etc. It cost me 2,200 Bht and was just what I needed for a bit of closure.

She will always be in my thoughts, and I hope this information can help someone when they are mourning the loss of their furry little loved one.