[really really] lightweight rain gear for big bike

illy

I went to Huai Kwang and saw really light looking rain suits ( some) , so I m wondering how much can they hold. Will they stop being waterproof after rained few times.

Tomorrow I l be buying the helmet lining cleaner so I m thinking should I buy also the waterproofing agent and just spray it on my jacket and pants. It may not be so good for hard rain but for light should do. May be someone tried it already.

• Like 1

what brand helmet lining cleaner are you getting?

I haven't any that stop the mildew smell you get here in Thailand esp in low / rain season.

illy

you ave to wash the liners carefully with soap or Johnson's baby shampoo if they are removable.

If no time, i just put my helmet in front of a fan until the morning and it kills the smell for some time.

or you can get an ion generator for helmets, they have another brand here sold in Thailand for i remember 7 - 8 k thb. they are very effective and keeps your helmet dry and smell free.

post-184955-0-32923500-1408961197_thumb.

• Like 2

I haven't any that stop the mildew smell you get here in Thailand esp in low / rain season.

illy

I just bought it along with the waterproof spray. I tested it on the curtain, really nice :)

This helmet cleaner:

• Like 1

illy

you ave to wash the liners carefully with soap or Johnson's baby shampoo if they are removable.

If no time, i just put my helmet in front of a fan until the morning and it kills the smell for some time.

or you can get an ion generator for helmets, they have another brand here sold in Thailand for i remember 7 - 8 k thb. they are very effective and keeps your helmet dry and smell free.

I've always been leery of those ion generators; they do produce an amount of ozone which is harmful to composites...

illy

I've always been leery of those ion generators; they do produce an amount of ozone which is harmful to composites...

so maybe you inform Sharp about it Dave?:)