Any long term users of Finasteride? (Hair loss drug)

fitfalang

Are there any long term users of Finasteride here on Thai Visa?

I'm only 23 years old and currently losing hair at quite a fast rate. There is still a lot of hair that could be saved, but slowly friends starting to notice it too. I've managed to grow some hair back by using Minoxidil 5% for over 6 months. Although it worked for growing hairs, it doesn't stop me from losing hairs.

I've read the various horror side effect stories of people using Finasteride, losing libido or even going impotent but I believe this still doesn't represent the majority of its users.

Any people here who have been succesfully using it without having any effects on libido? In case I start using it, I will start with a minimal dose.

*use a razor, buy a wig, etc etc no need please thanks.

I am having the same issue and using Minoxidil as well. From everything I have read about Finasteride, the loss of Libido is simply a possible side effect of the drug and goes away if you cease taking it. If this is true, you can try it ans see. If you have negative side effects, go back to the Minoxidil. I have heard Finasteride works quite well for hair regrowth. It is a bit expensive though as no generic is available yet. Only brand name. I might give it a try soon as well.

It is used in a much lower dose for baldness than when it is used for prostate enlargement. Loss of libido and other side effects are less common at the lower dose...and as prior poster said, if it does occur it is completely reversible

If in addition to hair loss you have unusual fatigue I suggest you get a thyroid panel done.

• 3 months later...

Finasteride is drug which prescribed for hair loss or baldness which prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and hair loss. . But this drug is not good if you taking before 20-22.
Before taking finasteride you should consult your doctor if you have liver disease. Finasteride is not intended for use by women. Do not take this medication if you are breast-feeding a baby.

I have been taking it for over 10 years, as other remedies did cause reverse reaction, such as minoxidil . Prophecies is essentially the same same chemical makeup however finasteride is 5 x the strength. I cut it up quarterly, and I now buy generic version, it has seem to work for me.

At 55, my libidio is lower, but that may also come with age. My new phew at your age had hair plugs, and today you would never have know. I still take my quarter dose daily for about 30% of the cost of propecia.

The decision is yours to make, I still have my libidio when I get the urge, gets it nothing like in my thirty sand early fortys today.