Extension of Stay at Chaengwattana + Re-entry permit - new forms to fill

For my extension today I was presented with a slightly changed form "Acknowledgement of the conditions for permitted continuation of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand". There was an additional form to sign which states that the signee is aware of the penalties for overstay, with said penalties listed in detail. I had prepared the first one but not a big issue as those two were quickly filled.

Applying for a re-entry permit I was given a new form with my queue number attached when handing in the application and passport. It wasn't explained that I was expected to fill that out and as it was actually the form TM.30 "NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED" I didn't think I should. It took an extraordinarily long time for my number to be called to get back my passport. Only then was I asked to fill out that form. Obviously everybody was, which was why it took so long. Essentially you're supposed to fill out the form completely, including the back side. For "Point of Entry" on the back I was asked to put "S08" for Suvarnabhumi Airport. I was given back the lower portion of the form as a receipt (no the same form of course as that would have eliminated some of the information on the back. This receipt looks very much like the receipt for a 90 days report, so there was a stamp on it "This is not the address notification of foreigner who has stayed for 90 days in the Kingdom."

All added up to 2 1/2 hours of time while last year it was under an hour.

Edited by lothda

Thanks. I was waiting to hear from someone living in a rented place who submitted the TM.30 in his capacity as "possessor of the residence", ie tenant, and in your case it was even the immigration office who asked you to do so.

I went to CW Immigration on Tuesday for my annual retirement extension and re-entry permit.

Because of some personal scheduling issues, I didn't get there until 10 am... and was 40 people down in the queue when I got my first ticket for the retirement extension. Despite not having any problems with either of my applications, we didn't finish everything until 3 pm.

FWIW, when I did my re-entry permit, I got the queue ticket for that and then went over to submit my passport and re-entry application. And nowhere in the re-entry process was I asked to fill out any forms or paperwork, other than the standard application and supporting document pages that I'd always use.

I've also never had a 5 hour marathon at CW Immigration before, especially on a Tuesday in a normal business week. But I've also never arrived at 10 am before, so hard to judge.

PS - I'm a renter, but I don't think Immigration would have any reason to know my rent vs. own status based on my address.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK