Jewellery Supplies

jaya84

Hello,

i am a jewellery designer and i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in hua hin and the surrounding areas that i could buy beads, pendants, pearls etc?

also any other general tips on hua hin would be great

thank you

Jaya

Bangkok is not far, and my wife and her sisters do have connections with juwelry suppliers.

My wife does diamonds, rubies and occasionally other precious stones. The sisters are more into semi precious.

They also know where to go for making the final product. Her desk is full with wax models for testing fittings and sizes.

If you are interested just give me a PM with what you specifically nedd and i will forward it to my wife.

• 3 years later...

I don't know about the jewellery trade here in Hua Hin but you would find most things you need in the Satorn area of Bangkok. For local Thai stones Chantabury is the place to visit. Thai rubies and sapphires are usually too dark for my liking and today the best natural rubies are mined in Madagascar as natural rubies in "Rubyland" north of Mandalay are very rare these days. Sri Lanka still produces the best sapphires in my opinion.

I am a gemstone collector and although Thailand is the largest country in the world when it comes to cutting coloured stones, their quality is much too often only fair to poor. This is because a majority of the Thai cutters tend to give priority to size rather than optimizing the stones for best luster.

Also, this with reference to Khun Jean's post, nowadays one no longer distinguish between precious and semi-precious stones; all gemstones are referred to a precious stones although many dealers here in Thailand still keep on distinguishing them.

My personal favourite gemstone is a Paraiba tourmaline in bluish chrome. An amazingly beautiful stone, but I wouldn't mind owning the only 1 carat plus stone that has ever been cut in Hayune, the rarest of all gemstones.

• 1 month later...