VISA question for prospective Teacher

Hi all,

I'm currently doing a TEFL course to teach in Thailand for the long term. My plan was to go to Thailand once I get my TEFL qualification and find a teaching job then as face to face interviews are usually required.However I read that to get a working VISA I will need a letter from the school I will be working at beforehand.

Is it possible to enter Thailand on a tourist VISA, get a teaching job, and then obtain a working VISA whilst there? Or a more convenient method than getting the teaching job and coming all the way back to the embassy in Britain to get the working visa?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

You can get a ourist visa and look for a job here. Once you have found a job you can get the paperwork together and apply for a non-B visa in a neighbouring country.

but officially you an not look for work while on a tourist Visa.

But in practice - that is the process.

Many schools are hiring teachers with no experience - because experienced teachers with 4 years teaching in Thailand can no longer get work permits

You can get a ourist visa and look for a job here. Once you have found a job you can get the paperwork together and apply for a non-B visa in a neighbouring country.

but officially you an not look for work while on a tourist Visa.

But in practice - that is the process.

Many schools are hiring teachers with no experience - because experienced teachers with 4 years teaching in Thailand can no longer get work permits

Go on, explain, I am all ears as to how you know so much.

• 2 weeks later...

New teachers with original copy of diploma have no problem.

I believe you can only get 2 waivers unless the 3rd waiver is at the same school as the second waiver.

But also heard rumors 3rd waiver is easier now because too many good teachers finished their waivers.

I am hoping can get a 3rd waiver after enrolled in a university in Thailand in M.Ed program. It will cost about 220,000 baht for 2 year program at ABAC