Suvarnabhum arrival is empty.

mataleo

Don't know about others, but all of the international flight I have taken out of BKK, always seen to depart / arrive , either late night 9-11pm or early morning 8-11 am

I have never had a flight depart in the afternoon... So maybe the time of day had something tondo with if?

I flew out of BKK in mid June and though the plane was quite full I did notice at check-in that there were several other airlines all sharing the same flight. Maybe planes are leaving full, but less of them. Same coming in too if Mataleo's experience is anything to go by.

I flew out of BKK in mid June and though the plane was quite full I did notice at check-in that there were several other airlines all sharing the same flight. Maybe planes are leaving full, but less of them. Same coming in too if Mataleo's experience is anything to go by.

Of course that is, it is the strength of the airline alliances, where all the airliners fill up a single plane instead of having each their own flight.

So the planes that arrive are full, but one single plane replaces maybe 4 or 5 arrivals and departures from 6 months ago.

My friend flew 20 Aug bkk to Melbourne. Normally a packed 777. This time only 68 on board. Never before I 10 years and he comes every 8 weeks

You don't say the airline your friend flew with but Jetstar are still doing well. Flew to Australia this week from Thailand on a 787. Only 12 spare seats out of 335.

My friend flew 20 Aug bkk to Melbourne. Normally a packed 777. This time only 68 on board. Never before I 10 years and he comes every 8 weeks

You don't say the airline your friend flew with but Jetstar are still doing well. Flew to Australia this week from Thailand on a 787. Only 12 spare seats out of 335.

I can give you and airline if you can call it that BA they normally fly 747 London BKK or similar, now using 777 and they are half empty. I know from first hand experience I'm sorry to say. Edited by fredob43

Of course that is, it is the strength of the airline alliances, where all the airliners fill up a single plane instead of having each their own flight.

So the planes that arrive are full, but one single plane replaces maybe 4 or 5 arrivals and departures from 6 months ago.

Code-share doesn't necessarily mean that airlines are actually consolidating separate real-flights.

For example Bangkok Airways fly CNX-BKK, but Etihad & Air Berlin & Qatar never did, despite their codes appearing on some of B-A those flights.

When there's less demand the airlines cut the schedules, no point sending their craft half full or less. This happens with domestic airlines all the time, more in high season less in low, thus giving the appearance of same/more tourists huh.png

• 4 weeks later...

Came on 26th Abu Dhabi Bangkok with Etihad and plane a little over half full..first time I have ever traveled Etihad in 15years and flight not been pretty well full

Nice hotel I always stay in Bangkok had 6 rooms on 4 floors(40plus rooms ) occupied.

Met a friend who flew in with Thai from London and every one had 3/4 seats to lie on..plane empty

Edited by Nigeone

Came on 26th Abu Dhabi Bangkok with Etihad and plane a little over half full..first time I have ever traveled Etihad in 15years and flight not been pretty well full

Nice hotel I always stay in Bangkok had 6 rooms on 4 floors(40plus rooms ) occupied.

Met a friend who flew in with Thai from London and every one had 3/4 seats to lie on..plane empty

I flew back from London and Dubai recently on the Emirates A380. Business class was about 10% full. The stewards said this flight used to always always be full (or very busy) to Bangkok. They said economy had more than 200 empty seats too.

It's definitely noticeably quieter.

Edited by josephbloggs

From the posts here it seems Thai and the gulf carriers have plenty of spare seats. Jetstar who I have been flying recently are still doing okay. Came in last week from Singapore and easily 90% full. Flown with them nine times in the last six months and all my flights in to Thailand (four) were full or nearly full. They have lowish prices most of the time so maybe that's why.