Krabi tourism to be prepared for AEC

webfact

Krabi tourism to be prepared for AEC

KRABI, 21 August 2014 (NNT) –The Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Krabi Office reports that Krabi tourism has gained the attention of many foreign tourists and is a competitive tourism province.

Krabi is a major province now gaining attention from European, Scandinavian, and the Asian tourists expected after the advent of the AEC.

Therefore, Krabi Province has asked for cooperation from every sector to prepared for the AEC and to reach a world tourism standard by maintaining the natural state of its attractions, being a good host, and impressing tourists with its lively and genuine atmosphere.

Krabi TAT has integrated with related organizations to develop and maintain tourist attractions, and encourage people to maintain their community attractions and promote the province.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-21 footer_n.gif

Hahaha - world tourism standard - hahahaha, I live in Krabi and its by and large the most corrupt part of Thailand I''ve lived in. We pay money to have the trash removed - except the trash lorry doesn't come in our road, which it is quite capable of doing. So we pay money for the privilege of having to heave all our garbage up to the main road.

And Aonang already has a burdgeoning tuktuk scene with the overpriced trips and aggressive, ignorant drivers, plus wildly inflated property prices particularly at the beach, a few hands monopolising these commercial properties keep the rents nice and high.

Oh, and not to forget a lot of local tour operators with their overloading of boats, aggressive and rude staff. And the hospital clinics charging exorbitant fees (cos everyone has insurance right?) and on top of that having the gall to put tipboxes in the waiting room, cos paying 700 baht JUST TO BE SEEN is not enough.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not the bitter detractor of all things Thai - I just calls em as I sees em - and Aonang, as a major hub of Krabi, could use a little work is all I'm saying.

We just came back from 5 days at Railay. It was supposed to be 8 days but we were so bored and we were both sick from the food and a girl drowned on our snorkeling trip that we flew back early.

Railay could be one of the most beautiful places on earth if any of the locals gave a crap about it. There was garbage allover the beach and everywhere else. Our hotel and grounds were kept clean and for the most part that was good, but that was all. It rained so hard we were stuck in the room for two days because there is nothing to do but climbing, swimming and hiking. Don't get me wrong, that's what we came to do, But when it's raining so hard that you can't do anything else, you're stuck.

The food is very mediocre at all of the restaurants we ate at and all the hotel restaurants are overpriced for what you get. Plus the overall muslim factor means very few places will have alcohol and pork, which is a staple of Thai cooking.

Maybe other parts of Krabi are better.