Russia watchdog shuts four McDonald's in Moscow

webfact

Russia watchdog shuts four McDonald's in Moscow

MOSCOW: -- Russia's main consumer watchdog has temporarily shut four McDonald's restaurants in Moscow as part of an investigation into food standards.

Watchdog Rospotrebnadzor claimed the restaurants had breached "numerous" sanitary laws.

McDonald's said it was looking at the complaints, adding its "top priority is to provide safe and quality products".

The closures come amid rising tensions between Russia and the West over the crisis in the Ukraine.

Previously when diplomatic tensions are high, the regulator has controversially banned products including wine from Georgia, cheese from Ukraine and apples from Poland, according to BBC Moscow correspondent Daniel Sandford.

Earlier this month, Russia imposed a "full embargo" on food imports from the EU, US and some other Western countries, in response to sanctions over Ukraine.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28867784

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-21

• Like 1

I love how every country except the US, believes that McDonalds is come kind of cultural extension of America. While an American company, most McDonalds are locally owned franchises and not owned by the actual corporation. Basically, a local small business. They even cater to the local tastes. Yes, not healthy but it is a person's choice if they want to eat healthily or not. So Russia, be our guest. Close down those evil burger vendors!

• Like 2

USA may be a crazy violent nephew but it nearly always does the right thing, and without it the choices would be 19th century appeal of Russia or China and medieval Muslims, there is no advanced civilisation without America protecting us. Enjoy your free speech! The Russian people are the losers without mcdo.

Edited by parmo2
  • Like 1

USA may be a crazy violent nephew but it nearly always does the right thing, and without it the choices would be 19th century appeal of Russia or China and medieval Muslims, there is no advanced civilisation without America protecting us. Enjoy your free speech! The Russian people are the losers without mcdo.

Stuf McD's Bring in Five Guys. Far superior product.

Stereotype comment ... Why bring a religion in it?

On the second thought , seriously you think US is doing and interfering only for world peace ???

It's always about Oil, US Dollar value behind the so called world peace policing. The real picture is not the CNN or BBC, they only show what the government wants us to see.....

• Like 2

"KFC is way more popular in china ...no loss if they close some down smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png especially if they replaced with dim sum places "

Mickey D's was typically full when I was there. I think the people choose it based on perceived cleanliness and quality as well as "face value". Closing them down is just blind nationalism.

Edited by squarethecircle

To all who asked me for the source:

I am sorry, guys, I DID see a pic of McDonald big M with this info written over it. But I don't remember where.

You are right, I can't prove it. Regrets, but no apologies - I actually saw it and I'm not delusional yet. I wish I could send you this pic... facepalm.gif

If somebody can dig it up, please post the pic for all of us.

MCD food contains horrendous additives with unpronounceable names. They are toxic, dangerous and banned. As idiotic as the Russian government is every once in a while it does something right. Anyway I boycotted mcd years ago (and KFC too).

• Like 2

To all who asked me for the source:

I am sorry, guys, I DID see a pic of McDonald big M with this info written over it. But I don't remember where.

You are right, I can't prove it. Regrets, but no apologies - I actually saw it and I'm not delusional yet. I wish I could send you this pic... facepalm.gif

If somebody can dig it up, please post the pic for all of us.

Just because you saw it on an image doesn't make it true as your first post tried to suggest.

Macdonalds are franchises as already mentioned in this thread, that being the case they wouldn't even get $1 to every Big Mac sold. It would be the local small companies that get that money, and not the Macdonalds corporation.

MCD food contains horrendous additives with unpronounceable names. They are toxic, dangerous and banned. As idiotic as the Russian government is every once in a while it does something right. Anyway I boycotted mcd years ago (and KFC too).

Yes - me too & I agree that it is a good move that would help world obesity.

No doubt it's political as is the whole whole sanctions stupidity. Many small EU food producers are hurting.

No argument, but then you should also avoid most street food here. Just as toxic and just as dangerous. Maybe more so.

• Like 2

Is there any need to follow the word toxic with the word dangerous ? are there any toxic substances which are not dangerous ?

You say they are unpronounceable for you, but I guess they are also unwritable (if there is such a word), because you haven't listed any of these "toxic" and "banned" ingredients.

BTW, I am no fan of McD and have never eaten in any of their establishments. Their offerings look so unappetizing.

smile.png

No argument, but then you should also avoid most street food here. Just as toxic and just as dangerous. Maybe more so.

Street food toxic in Thailand!!? Thai's don't eat shit! Selling bad , toxic etc. doesn't work here.(additivescost extra)

• Like 1

No they don't actually, I've been to the Mcdonalds food processing plant in Samut Prakan and I've seen the entire process myself. It's the same as any other thing you eat or buy from the street. Those in fact may be worse as the street noodles and such are served with a ridiculous amount of MSG with absolutely no regulation.

Edited by doctorproc156
  • Like 1

No they don't actually, I've been to the Mcdonalds food processing plant in Samut Prakan and I've seen the entire process myself. It's the same as any other thing you eat or buy from the street. Those in fact may be worse as the street noodles and such are served with a ridiculous amount of MSG with absolutely no regulation.

Yes, it's funny how many are quick to complain about McD's food, yet happily eat fried food from street stalls. Or Mama noodles. From a health and safety point of view, McD's is much better. But it's all about image. A meal of fried chicken (or seafood) isn't much different from a hamburger.

All their sores world wide should be closed down permanently for false advertising & mascarading as restuarants. GREAT WORK RUSSIA!

It 100% rubbish food, great body building stuff.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Agreed. Hope the world goes back to mincy, greasy meat pies.

How bout fish n chips......much better....if cooked the right way ;)

I. sure uve eat a few dogs eyes in ur day slip. on a cold day mmmmmm dogs eye.