Define Living in Thailand ...

David48

same as me,

i love taking care of our pigs and other animals,,,,,, BUT i also like to be working with the lads that ive worked with for years, or the same kind of guys as me, i do enjoy my work,, and its good pay, bloody hell im only 54, just,,

the pigs,duck chickens and my other animals will be there when i say sod it ive had enough of traveling round the world, so ill have my retirement sorted ,, mind saying that its hard work,,lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same as me,

i love taking care of our pigs and other animals,,,,,, BUT i also like to be working with the lads that ive worked with for years, or the same kind of guys as me, i do enjoy my work,, and its good pay, bloody hell im only 54, just,,

the pigs,duck chickens and my other animals will be there when i say sod it ive had enough of traveling round the world, so ill have my retirement sorted ,, mind saying that its hard work,,lol

Same with me and staying socially active with a broad range of people across a large age group keeps you alive. We are the same age Pigeon Jake.

@AnotheroneAmerican: As for a pet and unconditional love. Well lets see. Stay locked in a house with him and do not feed him. At some point you will become the meal as he turns on you. So in someways its conditional..smile.png . Your pet EXPECTS you will feed him. The only difference is he cant talk to you. I prefer a woman.

I prefer a dog.

Ever tried taking your Thai lady for a walk?

@AnotheroneAmerican: As for a pet and unconditional love. Well lets see. Stay locked in a house with him and do not feed him. At some point you will become the meal as he turns on you. So in someways its conditional..smile.png . Your pet EXPECTS you will feed him. The only difference is he cant talk to you. I prefer a woman.

I prefer a dog.

or asked her to fetch the ball,,,,lol

• Like 2

I have lived with ladies from different backgrounds Bar Girls, Bank Girls, Girls that work in hotels my Dentist and they are all lovely; but at the end of the day the reality check is they all want your "money honey", and they are all under pressure from their family's

Sorry but that's not true. Thai guys don't get milked for cash in the same way Western guys do.

A Thai woman going with a Western guy that doesn't speak her language or share her culture is simply supplanting his cash for the fact that she won't be able to communicate with him as well as she could with a Thai man . . . if she could find an eligible one that wanted her.

Many things define Thailand but one thing I think is GREAT is the fact that when I smile at a younger women (Yes I am an old man),,,,They smile back and not scream at me "what are you looking at you dirty old man!" as they are prone to do in the US.

They're just polite. If they knew what you were thinking, they'd have you arrested.

not ready for retirement yet, i enjoy my work,,,,,, if that ok with you,,

the pig farm will be there for when i do decide to retire,,,

and feed shop

But you live here on a retirement visa and work, right?

• Like 1

As a country....good infrastructure, great weather ....so for me a fantastic place to live.

As to the Thai people....well, people are people, good and bad everywhere but my experience has been to meet people who generally have nothing but are willing to give ....especially of their hearts.......so again ....a fantastic place to live

Edited by bocceball1
  • Like 1

I prefer a dog.

Here's the true test,

Lock your dog in the trunk of your car, drive across town, then let him out, he will be really happy to see you.

Now try the same test with your wife in the trunk.

To Dave....the OP. I have jumped in boots and all....sold everything back in Oz, retired early, own sfa....everything in my wife's name....and am happy to live here and call Thailand my home.

But I will always be an Aussie through and through.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Many things define Thailand but one thing I think is GREAT is the fact that when I smile at a younger women (Yes I am an old man),,,,They smile back and not scream at me "what are you looking at you dirty old man!" as they are prone to do in the US.

They're just polite. If they knew what you were thinking, they'd have you arrested.

WOW....so now there are "thought" police....making up what people think

Maybe, just maybe, when someone smiles at you all their thinking is "Hi, what a nice day it is ....isn't life wonderful!" (or at least that's generally what I think when I smile at people).....try it some time....might give you a better outlook on life...Not everyone has nasty, neferous thoughts on their mind as you seem to.w00t.gif

Have a good day anyway thumbsup.gif

As a country....good infrastructure, great weather ....so for me a fantastic place to live.

As to the Thai people....well, people are people, good and bad everywhere but my experience has been to meet people who generally have nothing but are willing to give ....especially of their hearts.......so again ....a fantastic place to live

Maybe apart from the homeless living on the streets there aren't any Thai people with nothing don't be fooled by poverty pleading, they choose not to live in posh houses or dress themselves in smart clothes because it is not important to then and dumping rubbish everywhere is their way.

Travel around the small villages meet some of the old mums you will discover they are not as poor as you are led to believe; I have met many from all parts of Thailand on my travels they own land and have a stash or cash they just choose not to spend it.

You say give their hearts but what are you actually getting?

What do they actually give?

But I agree a fantastic place to live.

I prefer a dog.

Here's the true test,

Lock your dog in the trunk of your car, drive across town, then let him out, he will be really happy to see you.

Now try the same test with your wife in the trunk.

LOL!!!...we could run with this all day. I was laughing pretty hard with some of the one liners we could toss out. This is best left for a guys night out playing pool, throwing darts or throwing horseshoes.

In the end it all boils down to the fact I can't have a best friend that carries fleas and can lick his own balls or a-ss and then want to come lick your face. You don't think that's payback for your car trunk stunt? LOL!!!!!!

Maybe apart from the homeless living on the streets there aren't any Thai people with nothing don't be fooled by poverty pleading, they choose not to live in posh houses or dress themselves in smart clothes because it is not important to then and dumping rubbish everywhere is their way.

Travel around the small villages meet some of the old mums you will discover they are not as poor as you are led to believe; I have met many from all parts of Thailand on my travels they own land and have a stash or cash they just choose not to spend it.

^Absolutely. A great portion of Thais have a ton of money stashed away. I too have seen it. Some own a ton of land. Some own a lot of little businesses. Those little road side restaurants bring in good money and its all cash based, they tuck it away. As commented they choose not to spend it on posh homes, fancy cars or big ticket items unlike the west where they dive deep into debt to impress others. Toy rich, cash poor in the US. To me Thais are very modest and humble which which also defines living in Thailand. Its nice to be away from braggarts and entitled people.

wow! you really dont understand "give their hearts"?

Thailand is the land of plastic bags. It drives me insane how every shop wants to give you one. No wonder there is so much rubbish and crap everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Reminds me of my childhood in the states. Litter every where. I was as guilty as any one. It was just the way it was.

Well not always that way here as some areas do have trash bins. But not enough. Some day in the fart future we may see what happens in some of the states. Every so often a sign saying this stretch of road is cleaned up by a company, clubs, unions, and various groups. You will see a bag of litter all tied up every so often waiting to be picked up. If the States can do it maybe some day Thailand will do it.

Any one here old enough to remember that old joke.

You could tell it was the Americans who had landed on the moon by the litter?

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 1

I have lived with ladies from different backgrounds Bar Girls, Bank Girls, Girls that work in hotels my Dentist and they are all lovely; but at the end of the day the reality check is they all want your "money honey", and they are all under pressure from their family's

Sorry but that's not true. Thai guys don't get milked for cash in the same way Western guys do.

A Thai woman going with a Western guy that doesn't speak her language or share her culture is simply supplanting his cash for the fact that she won't be able to communicate with him as well as she could with a Thai man . . . if she could find an eligible one that wanted her.

and feed shop

yes thats right,

and feed shop

yes thats right,

The Thai women will milk you for money and move on. The western women will milk you for money for the rest of your life.

well she hasnt for the last 7 years,

my wife works very very hard on our farm,

why do some on here try to kick people in the b£lls who are happy and doing well,

they cant bare to see some one who is happy with there wife and children,, have to try and have a little swipe,,

i dont understand it,,,,,

• Like 2

why do some on here try to kick people in the b£lls who are happy and doing well,

they cant bare to see some one who is happy with there wife and children,, have to try and have a little swipe,,

Well.....apparantly many think that the lucky and happy ones cannot be warned enough against women who play the long game. If you think it doesnt apply to your wife, just ignore it.

• Like 1

I like your plans Jake. It's inspiring to me. smile.png. I'm reminded of the real function of stereotypes whenever I hear them. Good they excist.

• Like 1

wow! you really dont understand "give their hearts"?

No - please explain to me

Some women are attractive and some are not

Some choose to work on farms and some do not

It depends on what you are happy with