Turkish Man Attacked By Street Vendor In Pattaya

Rimmer

Face schmace the fruit man is a scammer.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps, but discretion is the better part of valor... Especially if the other guy has a knife...

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....and is losing face in public when being challenged to ripping someone off......

I really don't get it with some tourists. Being from where he is, he should have known better to ask the price first before the purchase.

Troll post removed

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

We do not know full real story....

conclusions jump quickly...

It does not matter if tourist is stupid or vendor.

If tourist is stupid enough then we probably will find many like that ....(I have seen personally as Russian couple was shouting with angry faces on similar issue but vendor was a Thai woman who politely returned them 10 bht which she was accused of overcharging them...) You should see they stupid faces when I gave to vendor lady my 20 bht in front of her "customers" . As she was scared of them in the same time she just politely said thank you to me a couple of times.

To be honest those Russian couple looked at me like with anger too because they have been humiliated by my move...They left with some nasty comment about me which I understood because it was my unwanted language in my young years in my father land country under Russian occupation....

Today I just wander what could happen if I answered them same nasty words in they language and maybe other two languages they maybe could understand.

I did not do it because it is my principle not to stir a sh...ty situation when weirdos are involved.

If I did then maybe it could create a similar scenario we have with Turkish guys and who know what kind of story we could have on this forum today not knowing full story

Some may say I should not be involved but to me was just shortest probably way to finish a conflict.

As for them ....well,......if any of them have a some ...personal dignity then this 20 bht will give all of them something to think about.

As my conclusion is ; we may have more similar scenarios on daily bases anywhere because unfortunately different cultures not always comes in pairs with intellect of some "tourists"

But it does not allow or to give a right to anybody to just grab a knife and attack for any kind of argument and specially where we are talking about just couple of Bht's.

Will you attack your guests in own home even if they are wrong?coffee1.gif

Another quality tourist. Is anyone really surprised about crackdowns.

So a vendor who attacks soneone with a knife over 10 baht is a quality vendor/rep of his country to visitors?

U need yer head checked

Who the hell in their right mind could condone this. So its ok to commit attempted murder or go the full hog (homicide) for anything seen to be of a rude nature .. GET REAL ..... these budding Farang/thais make me PUKE !!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THIS.......

One of these days all you hardliner Clowns on here might have family or friends on holiday and some crazy lunatic might injure one of them or WORSE... so cut all the BS and think in a more positive way .. MOCKING IS CATCHING - FACT !!!

I don't believe either of you gentlemen has seen the movie Midnight Express. Then you may understand the irony of my comments.

If tourist is stupid enough then we probably will find many like that ....(I have seen personally as Russian couple was shouting with angry faces on similar issue but vendor was a Thai woman who politely returned them 10 bht which she was accused of overcharging them...) You should see they stupid faces when I gave to vendor lady my 20 bht in front of her "customers" . As she was scared of them in the same time she just politely said thank you to me a couple of times.

To be honest those Russian couple looked at me like with anger too because they have been humiliated by my move...They left with some nasty comment about me which I understood because it was my unwanted language in my young years in my father land country under Russian occupation....

Paying double the real price is crass stupidity that can only lead to more attempts to overcharge other farangs.

He was ripped off. Everyone knows that a portion of watermelon is 10 baht here!

That's incorrect.

There are vendors who specifically sell only the highest grade of fruit, use a large volume of ice and carve atheistic pattens into the fruit.

These vendors charge around 50% more for their product.

I also think that a Thai fruit vendor, working in an inhospitable environment at unsocial times, is justified in pricing the fruit at a higher rate.

I'm talking about Street Carts too.

That fruit seller is a independent business person and can ask whatever he wants.

You have no right to take that liberty away from another person because of a pre-conceived motion that you might not get what you want.

It's very presumptuous, as a guest in Thailand, to presume the seller does not have that liberty or to seek to deny them their full quota of intrinsic liberty.

If you want the fruit you should ask and allow them the chance to say no or to ask what ever price they like.

Edited by RandomSand

Guest in Thailand, Schmuest in Thailand.

It's 10 baht for cut watermelon from a Pattaya street cart. Has been for years. Will be for many years to come. thumbsup.gif

post-37101-0-84741900-1408958662_thumb.j

If the watermelon is sculptured or has gold plating, yes that would cost more.

Never saw that on a fruit cart in Pattaya though and don't expect to see it either!

(Not all the fruit is 10 baht. The guavas start at 20 baht. You really have to ask about the guavas as they vary in size and also there is the tourist area factor as well.)

Edited by Jingthing