Malaysia mourns as remains of MH17 victims arrive home

webfact

Malaysia mourns as remains of MH17 victims arrive home
Niluksi Koswanage and Manirajan Ramasamy

Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia observed a day of mourning as the remains of 20 of its citizens arrived home more than a month after flight MH17 was shot down over Ukraine.

Coffins draped with the Malaysian flag were carried out of a chartered plane from Amsterdam by military pallbearers in traditional Malay attire. The ceremony was attended by the country's king, prime minister and other government officials.

Forty-three Malaysians were among the 298 people killed when the Malaysia Airline jet travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in eastern Ukraine on July 17 after it was hit by a surface-to-air missile. Remains of other Malaysian passengers will be repatriated later this month.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/malaysia-mourns-as-remains-of-mh17-victims-arrive-home-20140822-1079qo.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-08-22

Assuming they found her, a girl from my company should be on that flight. I sometimes see her picture or name around the place and it brings home the tragedy of what happened and how it could happen to anyone.

• 10 months later...

Someone with great forensic experience needs to check all the bodies to make sure they are who they are supposed to be, and not victims of the first Malaysian plane that disappeared.

You need some serious help my friend!