Petty Thieves

allexx

Petty thieves - or a threat to your well being?

After the very well publicized murder and robbery of an English resident in the Mabprachan area and the subsequent report that the police had successfully apprehended the alleged culprits, the residents around Mabprachan should now be relaxed.

However, they now live under the constant threat of burglaries!! Recently about 6 houses within Mabprachan Gardens and 7 to 8 houses in Nattikarn Estate have been broken into. These thefts have taken place at various times of the day and night without any apparent fear of the residents being in their houses or not. Items stolen in general range from mobile phones, jewellery, money etc... which are easy to carry, but please be warned. These robbers are getting more and more daring, culminating in them taking a pick-up from one house in Nattikarn on Saturday night! Their blatant daring robberies suggest they are quite fearless, which is extremely dangerous for anyone confronting them.

So please warn all readers to be careful and put away all valuables and definitely avoid tackling these people. One needless death is already one too many.

Source Pattaya Mail

Yes, just live a hundreds yards down from the reservoir on Soi Country Cub and was (petty) robbed a few months ago. I heard one of my inside security gates close while I was surfing in my office, went out to see a Thai lady walking down my driveway. Thought it was a friend of the wife at first, but when I challenged her she ran to a motor bike outside and her accomplice drove them off at speed. My dogs did not even bark.

By the time I got my to my car keys and went after them they were well gone. Got home to find my wallet and a few other items were gone.

Of course the police at Banglamung did not want to know and wouldn’t even give me a police report for my Bupa card and insurance, saying not enough was taken. Lost a few thousand baht in my wallet, BUPA card (which was the most agro to sort out) and a few personnel items of not too much value.

This was the second time in two years, although the police did give me a report on the first time when my credit and bank cards were stolen from the house, again, I was in my office and my wife was in the shower.

Maybe time for my wife to apply for a gun license, although I’m not sure how the law stands about shooting someone in the back as they are running away with your possessions. Joking of course, I could never do that.

Mike.

Read this, went into a panic, mailed the chap next door in Natheekarn to see if he was still alive...........result.....he ( and his wonderful Thai wife ) has heard of one mad woman on the estate, who has recently called the cops twice claiming robbery, but admits to three old security guards waliking around the place rather than none, or the odd one as before. The hysteria over every day life in patters is confusing to say the least. With the number of new projects going up, it is reasonable ( sad but true ) to expect that as gangs of hired help from the sticks are laid off, the odd one or two will go bad and attempt a bit of ceime to augment their income before heading back to Issan and the like. Not sure this constitutes a crime wave, or the almost weekly tales of doom in the press. One thing for sure though, wouldn't it be nice to have posts about the Jesters helping homeless kids, or tales of other groups of red roofed Natheekarners helping to rebuild devistated schools in the North ( as i believe they are ).

Would post them myself, if I wasn't stuck in HK for most of the year and thus not in a position for accurate comment, but would appreciate the great and the good on here posting such a tad more often to redress the balance.

Well. We have been robbed 3 times in as many weeks. First, my wife had her bag lifted in Tescos. Her expensive mobile and 13k gone. We got the bag back, thanks to Tescos, minus the valuables. Second. Our pushchair lifted from the back of our truck, left unattended for a few minutes. Third. My wife went home to her village, and while in her local market, she had our camera pinched from her dads truck. I know carelessnes contributed to the losses, but having lived here for 5 years and never having this sort of thing happen before, one gets complacent. Not anymore. :o

Petty thieves - or a threat to your well being?

After the very well publicized murder and robbery of an English resident in the Mabprachan area and the subsequent report that the police had successfully apprehended the alleged culprits, the residents around Mabprachan should now be relaxed.

However, they now live under the constant threat of burglaries!! Recently about 6 houses within Mabprachan Gardens and 7 to 8 houses in Nattikarn Estate have been broken into. These thefts have taken place at various times of the day and night without any apparent fear of the residents being in their houses or not. Items stolen in general range from mobile phones, jewellery, money etc... which are easy to carry, but please be warned. These robbers are getting more and more daring, culminating in them taking a pick-up from one house in Nattikarn on Saturday night! Their blatant daring robberies suggest they are quite fearless, which is extremely dangerous for anyone confronting them.

So please warn all readers to be careful and put away all valuables and definitely avoid tackling these people. One needless death is already one too many.

Source Pattaya Mail

Stupid bastards, and even the sleepy village security is useless. In our village, the sceurity guys change every few weeks, but whenever you come home late at night, half of them is asleep, the other half may be drunken :-(

Those burglaries turn to be out a real problem. We are thinking to move some day to a lower profile house / village. Anyway, we do not keep anything much valuable at our premises.

I think the police should relly show some more presence.