Where to buy Cellphone?

themechanic

We do have cell phones and even indoor toilets now in Phuket. Just get any cell phone and service in Bangkok, most will it will work here in Phuket but not all phone service options are available here so check with the cell phone service coverage before signing up. This is particularly the case for 3G, somewhat limited here.

If you just need a cheap, call/message only phone with 3G, you can purchase a TRUE phone/3G SIM package (candy bar phone) B699 at the airport TRUE kiosk or any true shop and many 7/11's.

AIS also offers a very inexpensive Android smartphone package for less than 3000 Baht. A friend bought their ASUS phone package last year and the phone has worked well. He's not a heavy app user, just calls, messaging, email and some internet browsing.

I'm not sure if the AIS package is available at the airport.

are you going to use this phone in other countries later ?

True uses a weird frequency that most other GSM phone companies do not use,

but you get a free True Sim card at the Airport after you leave customs ,

and a real cheap True phone is 599 baht at 7-11

a few weeks ago 7-11 had a sale on Samsumg smart phones, 2 for 1 sale , total 3000 baht

I use True on an old flip phone in Bangkok and it works fine for calling

When i am over there i use my happy sim card that i,v had for about 5 years now.

Take this Galaxy 7", load the sim, then i buy a 7 day internet package 79 baht 2GB

on ×104×322×9#.

With that i have full internet, and everything that goes with that "SKYPE" for international calls

or just regular calls at standard prices,

My phone works from Pattaya all the way up north to May Hong Song flawlessly.

There is wi-fi everywhere "but" before the week is up recharge and that new 2GB is then

loaded ontop of the remaining credit...

When i am over there i use my happy sim card that i,v had for about 5 years now.

Take this Galaxy 7", load the sim, then i buy a 7 day internet package 79 baht 2GB

on ×104×322×9#.

With that i have full internet, and everything that goes with that "SKYPE" for international calls

There is wi-fi everywhere "but" before the week is up recharge and that new 2GB is then

Hi... can you use any Happy sim to get this deal ?

and where do you get the 79 baht / 2gb package ? is it a special deal with the number you posted ?

I know there are a lot of deals , but my phone does not get Thai , so the deals come thru as an SMS with blacked out letters !

Go to 7/11 or a sim shop, ask them can you go online with your sim, if yes make sure you

have the credit loaded" then go in to your sim menu it will prompt then enter that number

exactly as you see on the post and your in. This package is volume based and auto renew

but if you eat up your volume you can just loadup again....

PS: a little tip when your offline turn off your data feed so your offline, but the phone number

will still be active.

If you jump over and the package becomes inactive no worrys just reload using that number.

on ×104×322×9#.

Hi... can you use any Happy sim to get this deal ?

and where do you get the 79 baht / 2gb package ? is it a special deal with the number you posted ?

Check this out... All data top-ups and key-codes @ http://thaiprepaidcard.com/3g-data-plans-for-12call-dtac-and-true/

Edited by RandomSand

Thanks RandomSand,

Great info for all, One last thing i would like to point out to every body is if you get a package

allways go for the "Volume based" package just incase you use up your quota your no locked

in by time restraints..................

2 steps:

1- go to a larger shop, such as Big C, Tesco, Powerbuy ... and buy the phone you want. the advantage with big shops is that they don't sell fakes and that the shop will still be there the next day and next month if there is a problem with the phone.

And oh, the big shops are the cheapest too - booths cannot be bargained to below the big shop selling price.

2- go to a Telewiz (AIS) or DTAC or True shop and get a prepaid 3G SIM with the plan you like.

Be careful, some plans are shit while others are better.

You also won't find a plan that covers voice + SMS + data. Plans always only cover two of these, I went for voice + data (unlimited at slow bandwidth), since I only very rarely send SMS.

done.

Thanks RandomSand,

Great info for all, One last thing i would like to point out to every body is if you get a package

allways go for the "Volume based" package just incase you use up your quota your no locked

in by time restraints..................

Im prefer the other way - get unlimited usage until a set date, so I know when I run out and have no unexpected costs. The slow bandwidth has so far been enough for all my LINE/whatsapp/facebook/internet/google maps needs.

on ×104×322×9#.

If you check http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html you'll notice you only get 200MB rather than 2GB with *104*322*9#, otherwise I'd have signed up for it too!

I have a I-Mobile I-Style Android available in the mini mall areas of most Big C's and Tesco Lotus ... dozens of shops. Around 3500 Baht - don't get the I-Mobile SIM ... I recommend getting an AIS SIM ... everyone has their favorite service company - but I have used AIS service all over Thailand - most of the Isaan Area - Bkk, and now south in Ao Nang, Krabi - all the way to the Malaysian Border checkpoints ...their service has been great everywhere.

You can use this phone back in your home country - just change SIMS...

are you going to use this phone in other countries later ?

True uses a weird frequency that most other GSM phone companies do not use,

but you get a free True Sim card at the Airport after you leave customs ,

and a real cheap True phone is 599 baht at 7-11

a few weeks ago 7-11 had a sale on Samsumg smart phones, 2 for 1 sale , total 3000 baht

I use True on an old flip phone in Bangkok and it works fine for calling

Weird Frequency? Right.. whistling.gif

on ×104×322×9#.

If you check http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html you'll notice you only get 200MB rather than 2GB with *104*322*9#, otherwise I'd have signed up for it too!
"Yes" I see you are correct, when i first got the sms 5 years ago it said 2GB so i just

re activate that number each time i arrive Donmuang and it has allways been good

for me, so i stick with it.

But thanks any way for the clarification on that.