Brazilian Passport holder - 90 days tourist and then?

Dear all,

I'm sorry if this post offends somebody but its the only way for me to finally understand this...

As a brazilian passport holder I received a 90 days tourist visa stamp at my arrival via plane.

If I leave Thailand by plane for one weekend (2-3 days) at the end of my 90 days will I get another entry (and how many days?) when I reenter Thailand?

I hope this is easy to understand. I red so much about it and honestly so many different comments confused me a lot!

Thank you all for your help! It is highly appreciated by me and my fellow brazilians.

Best,

Simone

Immigration can object on the 2nd, 3rd but even the 1st time you do that. In the most extreme case you would be denied entry and will have to flight to another country.

To reduce chances with you carry 10 or 20K Bt a ticket for leaving the country. If you want to be on the safe side get a tourist visa.

You did not get a tourist visa on entry you got a visa exempt entry.

You will should be able to get one more entry. But as said you may be asked to show 10k baht and/or a ticket out of the country during that 90 day entry.

You can also apply for a 30 day extension under the new rules that go into effect on the 29th of this month.

• Like 1

Olá,

I have a Brazilian friend here. He did one border crossing after 90 days and got 90 more, no questions asked. Total of 6 months. The next time they said he had maxed out his time as a tourist (recently) and gave him 7 days. When asked if it would be different if he flew in and out, they (Mae Sai immigration) said they did not know and he would have to ask immigration at the airport.

They did not ask to see money or onward ticket.

Brazil and Thailand have a special relationship with visas, however, Thailand does not want you (Brazilian) here more than 6 months unless you have a proper visa.

Good luck!

Also had another Brazilian friend here who was passing through and pack packing around S.E. Asia. He never went over 30 days in Thailand at one time, but has come and gone through Thailand several times now. No problems. No show of money or onward ticket.

Hola

I'm a holder of a Chilean passport and i have the same doubts of this brasilian fellow.

My 90 days visa on arrival expire this next august 30th

I'm worried and confuse about which could be the best way to follow, because i was waiting going to Laos for few weeks and then come back to Thailand and get again the 90 days but, due to this rule, i don't know if that would be possible now.

I ask for advice in my embassy but i didnt get a proper answer; they just tell me that, probably i wont get 3 motnhs again so, the best its to ask in the Thai embassy in Laos.

So my question is, what would be the best solution?

extend my visa? (and how long time they will give me?)

or going to Laos or Cambodia and come back?

And one more thing, where its the Immigration office (Chaeng Watthana Road or Latprhao)

Thank you so much,

David

I'm a holder of a Chilean passport and i have the same doubts of this brasilian fellow.

My 90 days visa on arrival expire this next august 30th

I'm worried and confuse about which could be the best way to follow, because i was waiting going to Laos for few weeks and then come back to Thailand and get again the 90 days but, due to this rule, i don't know if that would be possible now.

I ask for advice in my embassy but i didnt get a proper answer; they just tell me that, probably i wont get 3 motnhs again so, the best its to ask in the Thai embassy in Laos.

So my question is, what would be the best solution?

extend my visa? (and how long time they will give me?)

or going to Laos or Cambodia and come back?

On the 29th you will be able to extend it for 30 days. Even if the the new rule is not applied, the extension would be for 7 days.

In any case on the due date you can travel to e.g. Laos or Cambodia via land border. When leaving you can can ask officers if coming back right away is OK, or the next day. Have Bt 10,000 cash with you to show. If they will not allow you back in on visa exempt, you continue in the other country to the embassy/consulate and obtain a tourist visa, with which you have no problems coming back.

• Like 1