Ratchaburi city

presentmoment

Hey!

So I am considering taking a position teaching English in Ratchaburi city. Do any of you have experience with this city?

It seems like a small and peaceful place with easy train access to Bangkok and Hua Hin. The river flows through town and there is a fair amount of street art from what I can gather. What kind of feel does this place have?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Huh? A few markets, close to floating market, nature. A decent amount of younger Thais (20's) and some foreigner community but seems like a pretty quiet place. Nothing else to add? I am trying to gather all information I can about what there is to do there and what it would be like living there.

Ratchabury is like most other small to mid-sized towns in Thailand. If you have seen one, you have seen them all. At least in Ratchabury there are malls, Makro, Big C, etc. Other than that, not much around to contribute to a Farangs happiness.

Only a very small Farang-Community. They are married here and like to stick around the house. One of those guys once told me : "The best thing about Ratchabury is, that Bangkok is not far away."

That's about it.

Cheers.

Well, thanks for that! I do like its proximity to bangkok without being inside of bangkok.

Do you have any other towns/cities to recommend?

Try Kanchanabury. Bangkok is still only about 2 1/2 hours away but it's so much more "cosmopolitan" than Ratchabury. Has a Farang community (some English-Teachers). There is a playing ground for Farangs on "Mae Nam Kwae Road". Quite a few bars, good (Farang) live music and some additional entertainment, if so desired.

Kanchanabury wins hands down compared to Ratchabury.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Well, thanks for that! I do like its proximity to bangkok without being inside of bangkok.

Try Kanchanabury. Bangkok is still only about 2 1/2 hours away but it's so much more "cosmopolitan" than Ratchabury. Has a Farang community (some English-Teachers). There is a playing ground for Farangs on "Mae Nam Kwae Road". Quite a few bars, good (Farang) live music and some additional entertainment, if so desired.

Cheers.

mae nam kwae road huh call that a play ground

Cheers.

mae nam kwae road huh call that a play ground

Well, some staunch republicans and spare time evangelists will definitely call "Mae Nam Kwae Road" a cesspool. Others, including Tourists from all over the world would call it "a nice spot in rural-Thailand where Farangs can feel comfortable.)

Cheers.

• Like 1