Bike Insurance

baz69er

Hi All,

I have been riding my 2010 Kawasaki 250 D-Tracker for the last 2 years, I have a Thai bike licence, tax & the basic Thai insurance but I know I should really get 1st class insurance to cover everything in the event of an accident, I was wondering whether I can just insure myself & passenger & any third party in the event of an accident & not the bike itself to keep the cost down, if so could anyone recommend a good reputable insurance company, im based in krabi......

Thanks In Advance

Baz

Ask AA Insurance Brokers (Thailand). They speak English and you can talk via email.........thumbsup.gif

And seem to be the most expensive ;(

I was quoted about 12,000 baht Chang Mai Insurance Brokers) for my bike a few years ago, does that sound expansive?

Ask AA Insurance Brokers (Thailand). They speak English and you can talk via email.........thumbsup.gif

And seem to be the most expensive ;(
I was quoted about 12,000 baht Chang Mai Insurance Brokers) for my bike a few years ago, does that sound expansive?

everyone's situation is different and it may be expensive depending on what your insuring.

aa was 10,000baht more then falcon insurance on my 2013-kawasaki-z1k. That sounds expensive to me.

You can do asiainsurance moto3plus for 1,700 Baht

http://www.asiainsurance.co.th/newasia/product.php?page=product_1&sub_page=product_1_12

There was a thread about it. A bit confusing, but just read what i wrote and ignore the rest and it may helps smile.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/583819-bike-insurance-a-good-deal/

Of course this is just a very basic cover. You should have accident insurance for your own medical expenses then.

Edited by wantan

• 2 weeks later...

Viriyah, about 1500 B/ year.

That sounds a bit cheap, do you mean 15000 baht?

Yeh I was thinking the same........

What I answered was about your cheap 3rd class insurance not the compulsary insurance or the 1st class. It covers 3rd party if you have an accident

but it doesn't cover your vehicle. I hope this will make it clearer, as an example I pay with 50% discount for my ER6n 850 Baht/year and for my

Ninja 650 1700/year no discount. Had an accident my discount was docked one step,but no hassle from insurance company.

Viriyah, about 1500 B/ year.

That sounds a bit cheap, do you mean 15000 baht?

Yeh I was thinking the same........

What I answered was about your cheap 3rd class insurance not the compulsary insurance or the 1st class. It covers 3rd party if you have an accident

but it doesn't cover your vehicle. I hope this will make it clearer, as an example I pay with 50% discount for my ER6n 850 Baht/year and for my

Ninja 650 1700/year no discount. Had an accident my discount was docked one step,but no hassle from insurance company.

Oh sorry I understand know, so you don't cover yourself in the unlikely event of an accident?

No, bike parts are cheap here but if you have an accident with another vehicle it can be expensive.

Hi Again,

So can I get cover for just myself & passenger (not my bike) & also cover the cost for any third party & there bike etc (if I am at fault) I've heard a lot of stories of bogus claims for injury's or hospital bills & also the police trying to get money out of you even you weren't at fault, I just want total peace of mind that if I have an accident I can call my insurance company & they will deal with it & I don't have to have any problems.......

Cheers

Baz

No, bike parts are cheap here but if you have an accident with another vehicle it can be expensive.

Hi Again,

So can I get cover for just myself & passenger (not my bike) & also cover the cost for any third party & there bike etc (if I am at fault) I've heard a lot of stories of bogus claims for injury's or hospital bills & also the police trying to get money out of you even you weren't at fault, I just want total peace of mind that if I have an accident I can call my insurance company & they will deal with it & I don't have to have any problems.......

Cheers

Baz

Stop listen to all kind of stories and lift your behind from your PC and go and talk to any insurance company,they will give the information you need. For a second opinion go to another insurance company, they are paid to give information. smile.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Again,

Cheers

Baz

Stop listen to all kind of stories and lift your behind from your PC and go and talk to any insurance company,they will give the information you need. For a second opinion go to another insurance company, they are paid to give information. smile.png

Hi Again,

I cant as you stated (lift your behind from your PC and go and talk to any insurance company) as im still in the u.k, but i did email the company that you recommended to me & received an acknowledgement email from them which was nearly 2 weeks ago & have yet to have a response from them.......

Do you have an email address that i could contact other than there main office?

Cheers

Baz

Hi Baz

No I don't have any e-mail address, but I have a few local phone numbers and I'm sorry I haven't answered earlier because I felt for a bike ride

so I went to Langkawi, a very nice ride and I bought the insurance for Malaysia at the border, no hassle

• 3 weeks later...

I went with AA for 1st class insurance my CRF250M here in Chiang Mai. 8,650 baht... if that is more expensive I don't know.. I had a thai friend call Viriyah, AXA, Thai Ins. Co. and one other, she was told everything from not insuring the bike to not response back to some crazy prices.... so frustrating here... the guy from AA corresponded with me several times and answered all my questions... even the thai person replied emails...

SO, I went with them. 8,650 baht a year for 1st class (only covers about 116,000 cost of the bike if stolen, better than nothing) and 50,000 for medical... all the other stuff is higher and keeps me out of trouble when I have to deal with the corrupt people wearing brown uniforms.

IF I hear about a better and less expensive company over the next year, I'll look into it...for now, money well spent (I hope)...5555

• Like 1

I went with AA for 1st class insurance my CRF250M here in Chiang Mai. 8,650 baht... if that is more expensive I don't know.. I had a thai friend call , AXA, Thai Ins. Co. and one other, she was told everything from not insuring the bike to not response back to some crazy prices.... so frustrating here... the guy from AA corresponded with me several times and answered all my questions... even the thai person replied emails...

SO, I went with them. 8,650 baht a year for 1st class (only covers about 116,000 cost of the bike if stolen, better than nothing) and 50,000 for medical... all the other stuff is higher and keeps me out of trouble when I have to deal with the corrupt people wearing brown uniforms.

IF I hear about a better and less expensive company over the next year, I'll look into it...for now, money well spent (I hope)...5555

Hi,

Yes I've been in contact with AA Insurance & will be using them shortly when I arrive in Thailand at the end of the month, there communication is very good & very helpful, Viriyah never replied to me either & another company said they don't do big bikes....

Thanks for your advice etc....

Baz

I am using Rainer Henzmann who is a German Insurance Broker for Global Insurance Thailand for my car insurance and both motorbikes, His service is second to none and Rainer's English is first rate. Rainer used to have his office near Soi 18/1 on Naklua Road, but after having a partner the two split up and Rainer moved his office to South Pattaya right next to Big C on Pattaya Tai. I have no experience with his ex partner who is still operating on Naklua Road, I believe also under Global Insurance Meanwhile Rainer has just started up a small satelite office in Naklua at View Talay across from the Centara Mirage Hotel on Soi Wongamat.

After a couple of experiences with Safety Insurance re condo insurance I would not recommend getting insurance from any Thai company. Several years ago I took out insurance on my condo with Safety only to have the broker fail to deliver to me my policy for which I had paid something like 10,000 baht. After several months I found out that I had never been insured so I hired a lawyer to go after the insurance broker and the lawyer made sure that I finally got my policy. Then one week ago, one of our resident condo owners in my condo building made a claim with Safety because the water pipes in his condo had been leaking and done a lot of damage. Michael had been paying Safety Insurance 10,000 baht a year and Safety did not want to pay him anything on his claim. Safety got a so called "Independent Insurance Adjusting Company to come into his condo to make recommendations on Michael's claim. I wound up spending an hour and a half studying the report from thi adjusting company. Among other findings, in this report PVC water pipes were mentioned over and over again as the pipes that were leaking. Also mentioned was Michael's overuse of the PVC pipe as a major cause for the water damage. The adjusting company's recommendation was that Safety had zero liability for Michael's claim.

The offending water pipes were metal, not pvc. I was completely mortified. Thankfully I had allowed my condo insurance policy with Safety to lapse and I figure I've now saved 30,000 baht towards my personal self insurance fund.

Edited by jackcorbett