webfact

Tough choice? I don't think so. The job requirements are:

1) Only those in military uniforms need apply

2) Only those who agree with everything I say need apply

3) Only those who will help me to cover my tracks need apply

4) Former classmates will be given special preference

• Like 2

Winthai corrects Prayuth, saying Cabinet to be appointed in September

BANGKOK: -- Col Winthai Suvaree, a spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order, said the Cabinet of Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha will be appointed in September instead of October as Prayuth said earlier.

Winthai explained that Prayuth made an error during his live speech after he received a royal command appointing him as the PM.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Winthai-corrects-Prayuth-saying-Cabinet-to-be-appo-30241710.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-08-25

Corrected Prayuth?

So that's the end of Winthai then.

"Prayuth might name himself as defence minister in order to have direct control over the military to back up his government."

An odd way to lay the foundation for democracy in Thailand. Prayuth alone makes these decisions.

“There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word ‘council’ must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man.” ...and... “The majority can never replace the man” - Adolf Hitler

I don't know why he doesn't just do away with ministers altogether. Bureaucrats are enough. Ministers will get in his way.

I'm amazed at how many of those posting seem to think that this is alright. All I can see is this ending in tears eventually. Sad for the Land of Smiles - I wonder how many will still be smiling this time in 2015 or will it be 2016 or given their lofty and basically unreachable objectives - maybe never. Very Sad.

• Like 2

"Prayuth might name himself as defence minister in order to have direct control over the military to back up his government."

An odd way to lay the foundation for democracy in Thailand. Prayuth alone makes these decisions.

“There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word ‘council’ must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man.” ...and... “The majority can never replace the man” - Adolf Hitler

Didn't work so well for the last defence minister.

Yes, but this one is already experienced with managing the military....

Protesters eveywhere should respect other minds!

Here in Swden we have a right to speak your mind, whatever crazy it is!

the last days we had riots because a small nzi party had permission under the law to speak!

20 followers and about 5000 leftie protesters!

I, for one like the thing that all should be llowed how crazy they now will be, police had to shock with horee and more about the protesters!

I´m absoluty not sympathising with any extreme party, just for absolute democracy where all should be able to express their feelings!

BUT!

Goig to another meeting for just distrbing are not ok.

Amja

None of the people to who will be appointed will have much competition when compared to the previous PTP government ministers. Average job length was about 6 months and qualifications needed were to be a part of Thaksins family or a crony from the police school. The last Defence Minister was Yingluck who knows as much about being Defence Minister as she did about being the PM.

Yes it's sad when a PM has to appoint oneself as Defence Minister just to keep control of the army - or didn't you see the irony in that?

But he is merely considering that. Yingluck on the other hand had no choice in either being the PM and Defence Minister. Big brother told her and like the clone he admitted that she was, she simply did as she was told. Don't YOU see the irony in that?

• Like 1

fab4 post # 14

Yes it's sad when a PM has to appoint oneself as Defence Minister just to keep control of the army - or didn't you see the irony in that?

. One of the key changes is Yingluck also becoming Defence Minister.The Democrat’s Chuan in the late 90s and Samak and Somchai in 2008 also served as Defence Minister while being Prime Minister

The precedent had been set.

Did you criticise the Shinwatra clique when they tried to make the military their own plaything?

Just a gentle reminder, siampolee, the OP is about the tough choices that Prayuth faces when picking his cabinet - not about Yingluck or Chuan, Samak, Somcahi or the "Shinawatra clique"............

See how pathetic a stance that is?

Absolutely correct. Yingluck however was saved from that onerous task because her brother did it all for her.

• Like 1

None of the people to who will be appointed will have much competition when compared to the previous PTP government ministers. Average job length was about 6 months and qualifications needed were to be a part of Thaksins family or a crony from the police school. The last Defence Minister was Yingluck who knows as much about being Defence Minister as she did about being the PM.

But he is merely considering that. Yingluck on the other hand had no choice in either being the PM and Defence Minister. Big brother told her and like the clone he admitted that she was, she simply did as she was told. Don't YOU see the irony in that?

Yingluck did not have a choice about becoming Defence Minister but not for the cliche reasons you put forward. The reason why she became Defence Minister is clearly obvious, as I said before, she forestalled the coup which was long in the planning stage.

Prayuth more than likely has the same problem.

Edited by fab4

Yingluck did not have a choice about becoming Defence Minister but not for the cliche reasons you put forward. The reason why she became Defence Minister is clearly obvious, as I said before, she forestalled the coup which was long in the planning stage.

Prayuth more than likely has the same problem.

Hatred of Thaksin was the only thing that united all those wishing to overthrow the elected government.

Clever fox that he is, Thaksin has (temporarily) completely withdrawn from Thai politics and instructed his followers to do likewise.

Without anti-thaksinism to bind them together ......etc.etc.