THAI's loss estimated at Bt12bn

webfact

'THAI's loss estimated at Bt12bn' you mean in the books, but in reality, how much? Where is the balance (it's a public company, isn't it?)? Just a few examples ACM Prajin must have know about as former president; what about the real value of the fleet (some units considered 'prime' but not even flightworthy anymore, or already 'cannibalised'), what about the too littlle, too slow write-offs, what about 'assets' which are not there anymore for years, what about 'forgotten' (international?) liabilities, etc. etc. When the NCPO, really, has the b.lls, they should order an audit from an international accredited organisation. But I think it won't, it can't, happen, as it would put so many 'big people', and big brass from Police, Army, ...and Air Force in such a bad light, massive loss of face, and mybe criminal charges...! But, let's be positive, let's think they'll do it, and after THAI, they can send the team to PTT, then to EGAT, then to...

• Like 1

This is just my 2 cents: giggle.gif

1) Either take Airbus or Boeing but not both. Having both suppliers looks to me that someone is getting kickbacks for signing those deals.

2) Get the Military out of THAI. Most pilots are coming from the chaps in the green uniforms. This has been going on the 90's and it is still hasn't changed.

3) Fire half of the staffs. When I tried to book a ticket last week from Bangkok to Udon on Business Class half of the staffs sitting down at Swampy and played with their mobile devices.

4) Once I am at the lounge as I flown business class half of the staffs at the lounge at the Domestic terminal at Swampy did nothing except chatting and joking to each other.

5) Most of the pilots come from the Air Force and their are just to many pilots on the payroll.

Prices from Germany to Udon Thani are not bad and around 1050 Euros which is competitive, however they fly from Munich and Frankfurt only plus I had problems making a booking.

Edited by MobileContent

Around 20 years ago, THAI used to have a great product, and was the envy of airlines the world over. The service was friendly and smiling, the aircraft were new and nicely fitted out, the food was good, and the drinks were never in short supply.

Over the years, THAI has let all of the things that that made it great fall by the wayside. These days, many of the planes are old, and some of the staff, particularly the ground staff, are offhand and downright rude. The food is run-of-the-mill.

The result? In spite of its higher prices, there is little to differentiate Thai from budget airlines these days. If I'm paying, I'll always fly Nok Air for domestic and put up with Don Meuang. For international, there are so many better options.

THAI used to exemplify all that was good about Thailand: charming service and traditional good quality. Now it epitomises all that is bad: bloated bureaucracy, indifference and bad temper.

The only time I fly Thai these days is to cash in my frequent flyer points.

Edited by Thanet
  • Like 1

If Thai want a successful airline, take a page out of Yorkshire Airlines book. Ay oop. With a little Thainess to make the difference.

This Yorkshire Airlines video was brilliant, right up my street, near my area it is a scream. My Thai friends saw this -some with little English skills were creased up with laughter, thanks ratcatcher it made many people happy.