Girl, 3, escapes alleged beating, burning by teen dad

Lite Beer

Thairath reports that the stepfather was arrested in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

He's admitted to hitting the child with a belt as punishment when she was crying and naughty but denies the cigarette burns saying she caused them herself by running and banging into his cigarette while he was smoking.

The mother says she met the stepfather via Facebook in April of this year and he has a drink problem. She saw the abuse but was too frightened to intervene.

Those useless kids, you know the one that constantly run into your cigarettes when ever you sit down for a quiet smoke.

Now having mulled this story / abuse over for a day, I came to the conclusion that the mother may well have hesitant ever frightened to intervene, this could be fact but I don't condone it in the slightest and think the mother would need a lot direction / education before being allowed to have the child back, if ever.

As for the "boyfriend" a bit of time in the army wouldn't go amiss with his history being "leaked" to the guys in charge to make sure he is straightened out / re-aligned.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Yupin Apartment owner Nirut Tipmanee called the police..."

In this culture, K. Nirit is a hero. Surely this was not an easy decision. Getting involved in others affairs is not something Thai's do easily, even as horrific as this is to us. Domestic violence is still very much considered a family problem in this culture, and corporal punishment perceived as a personal decision, and threats and retribution for the perceived meddling in others affairs is common. "You make problem for me, I make problem for you." I broke up with a long time Thai GF due to this deeply ingrained trait when I kept getting involved with Thai on Thai violence against women I witnessed. Kudos to K. Nirut and good luck to her/him. Lets hope the child stays out of the abusers hands.

Let's not be surprised if the the woman who reported the abuse is threatened and/or harmed by the perpetrators.

• Like 1

What ever happened to 'an eye for an eye' and cutting off your hand for stealing. I can just imagine this guy's condition if we still had some of those 'good ole methods' of dealing with the likes of this guy...............

Even 'caning' would be good here.................. I hope the convenience store learns of the mother's name and deed..................

sorry, I do have some bad news for you, the "hang him high" brigade:

torturing the parents, murdering them, or what ever you imagine to be fine

doesnt help at all !

It only would mean bringing more brutality in this world ! And making these people even worth!

Please do try to get the facts right:

the mother was about 15 years old , when she got pregnant. Do you know. under what kind of circumstances this happened? Looking at this case, I can imagin it was kind of non willing sex, may be rape. And, to call this 17 year old boy "man" is not adequate. He is also more a child himself (probably low IQ and no education).May be drugs did play a role here.

As it is usual, these youngsters (mother and "stepfather", better to say boyfriend of the mother) probably had also kind of cruel childhood themselves.

And, this poor 3 year old victim: There is a big chance, that she also will be a very incompetent mother herself, because this, the circumstances of your childhood are the best predictors of your later parental abilities.

Hey!!!!!! You can "turn the other cheek' and try to explain those 'loser' mom and stepdad and cut them slack, but I am still crying "Hang-em-HIGH"............

It is so hard to try and understand how someone could do this to a little child, so sickening. Put him I jail the guys in there would take care of him goodo, the bastard.

Just been watching "The Final Solution" part of Thames TV Remastered "World at War" documentaries,there are/were plenty of psychos who enjoyed

torturing and killing hundreds of thousands of babies and toddlers, The testimony of an SS Corporal is heart wrenching, never mind the graphics.

typical of what we can expect here, save face, they beat the crap out of the child or allow it to happen and then do not want anyone to know how pathetic and low down they are when they are caught. How in the hell can we expect this country to become part of the 20th century when they continually do this sort of crap, name them and shame them, they deserve it in spades and remove the little girl from the mothers custody as she is obviously unfit to be a mother

Can we condemn a whole nation because of a few idiots?

Every country has idiots. Why is it necessary to generalize every time

somebody does something totally stupid or inhumane.

My country has plenty of inhumane cops who often kill unarmed people,

what can you say about the U.S. joining the 20th century?