Need Legal Advice Please!

thaigerd

May be someone of you can give me an advice or has already experiences in a similar case:

It’s now abit more than 4 years already that a friend of mine and me had an accident with a taxi from Thai Airways Limousine Service on a highway.

I had several head injuries and my friend could not fly out of Thailand for some weeks.

Luckily the police report indicated reckless driving and speeding.

So we hired a lawyer and took the insurance company to court for compensation. After many court dates we finally won last year and our lawyer said it will be another year until they pay out the money to us.

The insurance company was ordered by the court to make a down payment as guarantee what they did. The insurance company already tried to offer us an out of court settlement but the offer was far less what we are expecting. Double and triple offers have been rejected from our side as well.

Today when I spoke to our lawyer he said it will take another 1 or 2 years more until final payment.

Question:

Is it possible to take another lawyer to have a look at our case to find out if there are possibilities to speed up that case?

May be there are some experts who are reading this and could help us.

Thank you !

Gerd

Since you "won" your court case, why is their ANY delay in the insurance company paying up? I don't understand.

And sad to see no other replies to this topic.

Maybe there are no other replies to the topic as like your self no person who has read it has any constuctive advice or information for the OP.

Good luck TG :o

If you are happy with your current lawyer, maybe have a chat with him about ways to speed up the process. Maybe suggest another lawsuit for failure to pay. There should be legal remedies for situations like this, and your lawyer should already know them.

If not, then you may want to have an "off the record" chat with another lawyer.

May be someone of you can give me an advice or has already experiences in a similar case:

It’s now abit more than 4 years already that a friend of mine and me had an accident with a taxi from Thai Airways Limousine Service on a highway.

I had several head injuries and my friend could not fly out of Thailand for some weeks.

So we hired a lawyer and took the insurance company to court for compensation. After many court dates we finally won last year and our lawyer said it will be another year until they pay out the money to us.

The insurance company was ordered by the court to make a down payment as guarantee what they did. The insurance company already tried to offer us an out of court settlement but the offer was far less what we are expecting. Double and triple offers have been rejected from our side as well.

Today when I spoke to our lawyer he said it will take another 1 or 2 years more until final payment.

Question:

Is it possible to take another lawyer to have a look at our case to find out if there are possibilities to speed up that case?

Thank you !

Gerd

"Payments into Court" are generally made where the defendant has been given "leave to appeal" to a Higher Court. There is no such thing as being given "time to pay". Is this the case? If so, then I'm afraid you just have to wait your turn for the next Court Case. No new lawyer can speed the process up.If the case is not going to Appeal, then your lawyer should have by now re-applied to the Court for an "attachment to assets" for non-payment.

Question:

Thank you !

Gerd

"Payments into Court" are generally made where the defendant has been given "leave to appeal" to a Higher Court. There is no such thing as being given "time to pay". Is this the case? If so, then I'm afraid you just have to wait your turn for the next Court Case. No new lawyer can speed the process up.If the case is not going to Appeal, then your lawyer should have by now re-applied to the Court for an "attachment to assets" for non-payment.

Thanks for your helpful comments!

Guess you are right.

Gerd