River Dinner Cruises in Bangkok - Good Ones

Chao Lao Beach

Looking at one of those dinner cruises for a few hours on a weekend night with my misses, somethng never got around to doing.

It s easy to get to the Thaksin .... BTS on the river, is there any that depart from near there ?

Any reconmendations and an idea of price and if need to book?

Thanks folks.

white-orchid-river-dinner-cruise.jpg

It really depends on how you define "good", and what are your expectations. There are many cruises available such as the one in the photo. They are posh, and impress with the finest decor. On the downside, the food isn't that great, crowded seating, and the buffet doesn't last long. Very touristy. Many like it this way.

On the other hand. You could contact Yok Yor restaurant. They have a cruise nightly that departs not far from Saphan Taksin. They will send a boat to get you at the pier. This is far more low key and you will see many local Thais on board. The boat is not that impressive, but the best part is you get real Thai cooking (not the touristy gourmet), and the upper deck is huge with lots of seating and a great view. This cruise is my preference.

• Like 1

I did this one earlier in the year http://www.loynava.com/ and it was really nice. For sure aimed squarely at the tourist market and my partner was the only Thai lady who wasn't part of the staff but it was all enjoyable nevertheless. Food served at you table so no scramble for a buffet and there was enough of it to fill you up. Not the best food but the atmosphere was nice as were the views.

It really depends on how you define "good", and what are your expectations. There are many cruises available such as the one in the photo. They are posh, and impress with the finest decor. On the downside, the food isn't that great, crowded seating, and the buffet doesn't last long. Very touristy. Many like it this way.

On the other hand. You could contact Yok Yor restaurant. They have a cruise nightly that departs not far from Saphan Taksin. They will send a boat to get you at the pier. This is far more low key and you will see many local Thais on board. The boat is not that impressive, but the best part is you get real Thai cooking (not the touristy gourmet), and the upper deck is huge with lots of seating and a great view. This cruise is my preference.

100% agree. One of my favourite restaurants too. If you want one of the fancier cruises it might be worth looking on Ensogo as they often have voucher deals for these cruises that knock quite a bit off the price.