Satellite Stuff: Abc Ap To Be Renamed Australian Network

jsat

FYI from the ABC AP team this morning:

Dear Viewers:

From August 7th ABC Asia Pacific will become Australia Network.

Different name, different schedule, same spirit. Over the last 5 years ABC Asia Pacific has been growing rapidly. We now cover a far larger geographical area than we originally envisaged. So, we feel that we need a name which better represents our origins, our programming and our purpose. We need to be recognised as coming from Australia - thus the name Australia Network has been chosen.

Along with our new name there will also be some enhancements made to our programming schedule in August with programs on at better times for everyone.

Our brand new News and Current Affairs programs will be the centrepiece of our new schedule with more updates, more regional stories and more live interviews covering the stories the other networks don't.

We will also have 4 new correspondents reporting exclusively for Australia Network from India, Beijing, Jarkarta and the South Pacific.

There will also be brand new Australian drama, including a new series of Home & Away and the award winning Blue Heelers, All Saints and Love My Way.

So tune in from August 7th and get a different view! For more details please see http://abcasiapacific.com/about/whats_new.htm

Welcome to our Network!

ABC Asia Pacific/ Australia Network Team

From August 7 you can find us at www.australianetwork.com. Please amend your bookmarks from this date.

I really like their content. Great documentaries. I found it to be very similar to Canada's CBC, I was even more surprised when I found out that they actually cooperate on some of their programmes, such as Hemispheres.

I really like their content. Great documentaries. I found it to be very similar to Canada's CBC, I was even more surprised when I found out that they actually cooperate on some of their programmes, such as Hemispheres.

I believe they were set up that way in order to be similar to the BBC as they are all in the Commonwealth (thats why you get so many BBC documentaries and tv shows on ABC).

God save the Queen!