Upcoming flight out of Thailand leaves 6 hours after visa expires! Anyway to avoid paying 30 day ext

Hi,

So it looks like a miscalculation was made on my next flight out of Thailand. Just got back into Thailand yesterday from same day in and out trip to get my 2nd entry of a three entry tourist visa. Anywho, this new visa will run out on the 25th of October and my trip is at 6am on the 26th! Leaving from Don Mueang airport.

Is there anyway to avoid paying for the 30 day extension? I just need about 6 hours not 30 days! So 1900 baht for an extra 6 hours would really suck. Anybody else been in this situation before?

I don't want to overstay the 6 hours because I could risk not being able to come back into Thailand, which I need to because all of my gear is here and i'm not planning to go home until the end of this year.

I guess if worse comes to worse i'll just pay the 1900 baht for the extension because if I was to book my flight one day before it would have been a more expensive flight basically costing an extra 1700-1900 baht anyway.

Thanks all!

Rigs

You will not fined for one day overstay. There is no consequence whatsoever.

Otherwise you can check with the airline how early they allow check-in. If it allows you can stay airside few hours , there is even an hotel for the purpose.

• Like 1

I thought there was supposed to be more severe consequences for overstays of any amount recently? I don't mind staying over night at the airport, that's what I did a couple days ago but I don't think I can check in, go through immigration and wait for my flight at the gate because i believe they are all closed, at least all the check in counters were closed around 11pm and didn't open until 4am

You will not be fined for a overstay of less than 24 hours if departing from both either airport in Bangkok. You will get a small blue stamp that states you overstayed less than 24 hours.

The new rules that have been approved yet has no punishment for a one day overstay.

Hi,

So it looks like a miscalculation was made on my next flight out of Thailand. Just got back into Thailand yesterday from same day in and out trip to get my 2nd entry of a three entry tourist visa. Anywho, this new visa will run out on the 25th of October and my trip is at 6am on the 26th! Leaving from Don Mueang airport.

Is there anyway to avoid paying for the 30 day extension? I just need about 6 hours not 30 days! So 1900 baht for an extra 6 hours would really suck. Anybody else been in this situation before?

I don't want to overstay the 6 hours because I could risk not being able to come back into Thailand, which I need to because all of my gear is here and i'm not planning to go home until the end of this year.

I guess if worse comes to worse i'll just pay the 1900 baht for the extension because if I was to book my flight one day before it would have been a more expensive flight basically costing an extra 1700-1900 baht anyway.

Thanks all!

Rigs

I been once late 24h

And they let it go.

Didnt pay anything...