Changing from marriage to retirement extension

Am I correct that changing to a retirement extension from an existing extension based upon marriage must wait to the end of the current extension. I know Bangkok prefers retirement extensions because it is easier for them to manage.

Just need to know if the change can be done much earlier?

The bad news is that you will, indeed, need to wait until your current marriage extension is about to expire before you can switch to a retirement one sad.png

The good news is that Chaengwattana Immigration will allow you to apply for a successor retirement extension 45 days before your current extension expires.smile.png At most other immigration offices the maximum period is 30 days.

Edited by OJAS

On the other hand, if one really doesn't want his marriage extension anymore, can just leave country and re-enter. Provided he/she doen't have a re-entry permit, the extension will be cancelled.

my marriage visa was over and i change for a retirement visa, marriage visa is to complicated, no need to wait on month to get passport back,i think they have o lot of fake marriage,if you have the money to show just go head is better!

my marriage visa was over and i change for a retirement visa, marriage visa is to complicated, no need to wait on month to get passport back,i think they have o lot of fake marriage,if you have the money to show just go head is better!

You do not have to wait a month to get your passport back after applying for an extension of stay based marriage.

You keep you passport during the under consideration period. Then go back for the extension stamp.