Pension Letter from British Consulate

techno

l semm to have lost the original certified letter dated 21 August 2014 from the British Consulate concerning my annual pension which l was to take to CM Immigration on 8 September 2014 for my extention of stay. I do have copies of the original letter but do not know if CM Immigration will accept this or will l have to go back to the British Consulate to get another certified letter which will cost a further 2520 baht. Any members experience in this matter would be appreciated.Many thanks

It's for this very reason I have bit the bullet and deposited the 400k in the bank. (800k for retirees). I am 4 hrs away from CM. Ridiculous absurd certifications of documents are enough to drive you to despair.

If your letter was dated 21 August for reporting/renewing in September then it's unlikely that CM Immgration would have accepted it as (in my experience), you have to report within 7 days of the date of the original letter from the consulate. As for presenting a photocopy, I'm afraid that's not going to work either, the officers at immigration insist on retaining the stamped and signed original document.

Regretfully, it looks as if you're going to have to pay the 2520 baht for another confirmatory document, but before you do so. make sure that you fully understand the timescales regarding its validity.