Best web hosting company in Thailand (or Asia)

davevi

I want to mirror my company's US website in Asia so that it loads more quickly for Thailand based customers.

I am looking for recommendations on the best web hosting company in Thailand, or Asia.

My first choice would be to have it hosted within Thailand, but a nearby Asian country, like Japan, with excellent hosting capabilities would be acceptable.

Thank you.

I'm using Amazon AWS cloud system with servers located in Singapore.

Service level is very high connecting from Thailand.

To delivery your web site worldwide you don't need a full replica of your server.

In AWS there is a service called CloudFront that take care of replication and worldwide distribution: easy and cheap.

Why waste your companies money on such an unneeded thing? There are so many other factors involved that determines speed, not where the hosting sever is physically located. And again yes we are talking seconds and a user would never be able to tell.

Don't believe all that hype about Singapore maybe that was 10 years ago but not today. It would hurt you more than help you.

Checkout ThaiProWebHosting best I have ever dealt with. And over the last 10 years have dealt with a lot.

They also give a CDN for free so if you want to use it your website would be all over the world, with the site being closest to the person coming to it.

If your target is Thailand then host it in Thailand.

Davevi

If you are intent on a Thai based company then I would go for Thaihosting, Danish run, Bangkok based servers and been around for nearly twenty years now. I like the fact that you get Danish expertise and efficiency, at a more than reasonable Thai based price.

Check them out, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

http://www.thaihosting.asia/en/

I can put you in touch with the MD if you want to have a chat about it, let me know.

Best of luck

KB

Can you really trust a Thai server's security? I sure couldn't.

Im a designer and use site5.com for my hosting. You have the option of picking server locations all around the globe. Not sure what the closest server is to here but there are plenty of asian servers to choose from, even a cloud based package as well. But I use one thats in Dallas TX and it loads my sight in about 1.2 seconds here in thailand...

Frankly having a server in asia will make Negligible difference to your web site loading speeds .

Setting up some mirror site in asia is a Unecessary cost and complication

You need to consider either changing your present host to one that has better connectivity and/ or look at your content.

Some content will slow down your site loading especially any links to external sites

We have servers in the USA and hosts site all over the world and connectivity has never been an issue

--
Virtual Hosting Services(virtualhostingservices.net)
Providing High Quality Web Site Hosting To Businesses and Individuals Since 1996

Frankly having a server in asia will make Negligible difference to your web site loading speeds .

Setting up some mirror site in asia is a Unecessary cost and complication

You need to consider either changing your present host to one that has better connectivity and/ or look at your content.

Some content will slow down your site loading especially any links to external sites

We have servers in the USA and hosts site all over the world and connectivity has never been an issue

--

Virtual Hosting Services(virtualhostingservices.net)

Providing High Quality Web Site Hosting To Businesses and Individuals Since 1996

A bias point of view that's for sure ;)

I pinged your server and received a bit over a 350MS response, I pinged my website and received an 0.5MS response, that is what you would call a "Negligible difference" in my book I would call that a significate difference.

Hosting in Singapore is 80MS which is still a significate difference and better than hosting in the US when targeting Asia clients..

Can you really trust a Thai server's security? I sure couldn't.

Im a designer and use site5.com for my hosting. You have the option of picking server locations all around the globe. Not sure what the closest server is to here but there are plenty of asian servers to choose from, even a cloud based package as well. But I use one thats in Dallas TX and it loads my sight in about 1.2 seconds here in thailand...

Is there anything to back that up or just an opinion? (honest question)

If you are saying Site5 has never been hacked I think you need to do a little checking, if you think someone is going to steal your files well that can be said about any host.

Site5 are a "BIG" reseller company with no real staff, all of their staff is outsourced all over the world, they hide this under (green energy) a little strange you can't trust a Thai host yet your host might have Thai support staff or expats living in Thailand as support staff, whom all have access to your files.

I would be more worried about a reseller stealing my files than a local company, how you going to deal with a reseller once they jump ship without any real base of operations? Sorry I would never trust a reseller whom can fold up shop without any traces.

The server I am on is protected by a firewall amongst some other thing which I checked on before hosting with them, they have recently added cloudlinux OS, and their CDN is through Cloudflare with cPanel control panel. All of this technology is know to be the best, I haven't found another host in Thailand with this level of systems or support.

That leaves the company, which is multinational with an American who runs it. I have never waited for a response to support for more than 5 minutes and my files have never been in question to me. My site has never been hacked, and with cloudlinux if another users site does then they can't get to mine.

A load time of 1.2 seconds is realative to how the site is designed and to some peoples standards can be considered slow. I can't even guage my page load times, if I clear my browser CACHE and go to my site it is there immediatley. Someone in the US might get 1.2 or even 3 that's why hosting locally for a local audience is the best.

Well we all have our opinions and what works best for us.

Best of luck to everyones ventures!

• 2 years later...

Best web hosting in Thailand? I must say Pimhoster is the best one so far from many suppliers I have tried in my agency. We tried the Cloud Hosting package and it is awesome and flexible as the project isn't that big for the dedicated server but not that small to share the space with everyone. Gonna use this supplier for further projects as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I personally host my VPS at CloudRambo (they are not the cheapest, but their support can speak English which is great, My Cloud storage I use DigitalOcean Cloud Hosting (currently trying out Hostinger, can reply after few months more regarding their downtime), I do also host a few test sites at DeeDeeHost Web Hosting because they are cheap, but unfortunately they only offer shared hosting, and I have had it with Hostneverdie, because they always die (when talking about their uptimes ????)

If you require good connection to the rest of the world, I actually would favor hosting from Singapore which is still fast enough to Thailand, and obviously you can no matter what, have your side mirrored to anywhere using Cloudflare, yes even Bangkok, Thailand (see here)