Elite Card question

Okay... so I have been reading a good deal about this Elite Card. I know the cost and I have just received an invitation to start the process for it from them. But I have a question...

What, if anything really, are the benefits (length of stay, etc... but I do not play golf which seems to be a sale point to them for some reason), etc? Is it worth it? The cost is what it is. Fine, I get that and that in and of itself is not really an issue for me. But why would I want to get this card?

I hope that some of you will be able to help me in making the right choice.

Plenty of well presented info at the Thai Elite Card web site....just go to their webpage.

A VERY expensive way to stay in Thailand compared to much cheaper and very easy ways such as doing a Retirement Visa/Extension of Stay annually. I see you are old enough from your TV profile, possibly retired, and if you can afford an Elite card you definitely afford to have Bt800K to put in a Thai bank account for a few months each year two qualify via the bank letter route...or just do the embassy income letter route if you don't want to go the Thai bank account route.

Gosh, just doing the lowest cost 5 year Elite card costs Bt500,000 averaging out to Bt100,000 per year; a Retirement Extension of Stay only costs Bt1,900 per year.

Why would anyone want to get this card? Because there are no other suitable visas for a long-term stay in Thailand. So if you're under 50, not married to Thai, not working here, then it may be your only option.

Why would anyone want to get this card? Because there are no other suitable visas for a long-term stay in Thailand. So if you're under 50, not married to Thai, not working here, then it may be your only option.

It's hardly the only option, demonstration is it the huge number of people legally staying in Thailand and not falling into any category as the above.