Visa run to Cambodid information please

Hi

I am going to have to go to Cambodia this week to get my second entry on my 6 month 3 entry visa, can someone tell me where I get the bus and how the whole trip works including costs, eg Does the bus go over the border, or does it stop and wait for me and others to go across the border and come back etc.

Any help and advice much appreciated

PS I don't think I want to buy the 30 day extension on this occasion

KB

ekkamai bus station, few hundred baht, stops at a bus station before the border, you get a tuktuk from there for 60-80 baht or so, go through the border paying $20 for the cambodia visa, turn around, back into thailand, bus doesn't wait, there are silver vans waiting around to go back to bkk when they fill up with customers for another few hundred baht.

Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated, I think I will do the mini bus run as it's my first occasion, seems that after paying for the Cambodia entry visa there\s not a lot in it going it alone and I prefer the friction free visa rather than messing it up on my own. I don't know enough people to organize the car run, though maybe my next time it would be cool to rent a car and maybe stay over the border for a few days to check out Cambodia.

KB

Why bother checking it out, you don't really sound like a bonafide tourist. Mini van only way to go for you I'd say. They drive fast and reckless as hell to help you avoid seeing anything so you can just sleep the whole way along with all the other sleeping 'travelers'! Why do some people ever leave home?

• Like 1

I have done a few visa runs with various companies either from queen vic soi 6 or sportsman, takes the hassell away, you get a nice breakfast comfortable mini bus, free wifi, yes they drive like shit but it does the job, at the border Ban Packard usually, you get out the bus walk to a window get a stamp, the company take your passport you walk 50 yards to a shop sit down and wait for your passport to be sorted then packed lunch supplied on the bus and return, usually back by 3pm.

I am an American working here in Thailand with all the visas work permits etc. I am trying to find out ,( with the new laws) how I can bring my Filipino fiancee to Thailand. She has been in and out of Thailand for more than a year making the "border runs". The last time at the end of July they told her she would need to fly out the next time. So she flew to Singapore and back. They refused her in Bangkok and deported her back to Phillipines.

Is there any way to get her a visa or what are the steps to be taken now, if any/ Thanks for any help anyone may have!

I am an American working here in Thailand with all the visas work permits etc. I am trying to find out ,( with the new laws) how I can bring my Filipino fiancee to Thailand. She has been in and out of Thailand for more than a year making the "border runs". The last time at the end of July they told her she would need to fly out the next time. So she flew to Singapore and back. They refused her in Bangkok and deported her back to Phillipines.

Is there any way to get her a visa or what are the steps to be taken now, if any/ Thanks for any help anyone may have!

She was denied entry not deported. Deported is much more serious than being denied entry.

She apparently was getting back to back visa exempt entries. She should of been getting tourist visas.

She should apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Manila. That would give a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. They she could then go out for anther tourist visa at nearby embassy or consulate.

She was denied entry not deported. Deported is much more serious than being denied entry.

She apparently was getting back to back visa exempt entries. She should of been getting tourist visas.

She should apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Manila. That would give a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. They she could then go out for anther tourist visa at nearby embassy or consulate.

Thanks, I agree on the deporttation but listening to her you would have thought the next step was a hanging! It should not be diffucult to get tourist visa in Manila and are the multiple runs shown on her passport be a hindrance ? Again thanks,

Thanks, I agree on the deporttation but listening to her you would have thought the next step was a hanging! It should not be diffucult to get tourist visa in Manila and are the multiple runs shown on her passport be a hindrance ? Again thanks,

It should not be a problem for her to get a tourist visa but that could depend upon the person accepting her application. All she can do is try.

She should get a new passport before applying.