Connecting to international website problems (using True)

Cheops

I experience problems connecting to international websites using True (docsis 15Mb connection).

When I use my True connection it's very difficult (many time impossible such as today!!!) to open my own websites, which are hosted in the Netherlands.

When I switch to my DTAC 3G I have no problems at all to access them (using the same browser on the same PC)!!

When I use the official True proxy address (proxy.trueintenret.co.th) I can access my websites in the Netherlands without problems,

BUT then I cannot even connect to Google websites or TV as well!!!

Does anyone have any idea why this is??? These problems were not present in the past (for the same websites!).

I tried to use the True DNS settings, but this has no influence.

Anyone on True can you pls try to access one of my sites (just contains a standard Prestashop install for now): silksouvenirs.com

Any help on this is much appreciated, since I recently opened a Thai webshop directed to Thai shoppers, but that site is hosted in the Netherlands.

Up to now I have no orders on this site, which is very strange given it's a very low priced and attractive products website

and I can see by Google analytics that I have traffic to my site, so there must be something wrong.

Edited by Cheops

True DSL has been all over the map lately. About a week and a half ago, I experienced a near full offline condition for the better part of 8 hours. When I called them to report a problem I couldn't even get through to a real person, but got a recording stating they were experiencing problems and would have it solved by 4pm. It wasn't. It was at least 8pm before a very slow connection returned.

True DSL has been very erratic since. Yesterday it was absolutely terrible, often getting only bytes/sec download speeds (not even fast enough to download most web pages in a timely manner). When I called yesterday I got another recording.

Today it is better, but no where near 100%. Maybe a consistant 10-15% of what it should be.

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!

PS: I am on Asoke

Edited by WhizBang

Your site open fine here, i am on 13 / 1 mbit Ture Online Xdsl.

Test your site 09:15 am 01-09-2014

Thx for checking. This drives me crazy. As said when I connect to my site using True proxy settings there is no issue, but then I can't connect to Google or even TV, which I don't understand. When I don't use True proxy I can't connect (or superslow like 10 to 15 minutes!!!) to my site, but can easily connect to Google and TV.

When I use the same PC and connect through my 3G DTAC I have no problems at all.

The True is a cable Internet (docsis) connection.

@WhizBang

Have you try a VPN service ??

I am not talking about the free once, as they don´t work to good for me.

I have one as backup, when internet from True is bad, Use my VPN , and get around 75% of my normal speed, And i do think that okay for me.

Not sure if i can post name of it here, but pm me if you want to know the name of it, that i use as backup.

Kindly.

@WhizBang

I have one as backup, when internet from True is bad, Use my VPN , and get around 75% of my normal speed, And i do think that okay for me.

Not sure if i can post name of it here, but pm me if you want to know the name of it, that i use as backup.

Kindly.

Actually I'm discussion about VPN in another thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/752334-what-vpn-was-i-using/

You can name a VPN, since it's not illegal. I'm using airvpn.org

@Whizbang, you can try them for 1 euro for 3 days. They offer high bandwidth, so no dropping in speeds.

For my problem above it doesn't matter if I use my VPN or not, so I suspect something at my True connection, since when I use my 3G I don't have the above problem.

Here in Pattaya it's the same, slow speeds and erratic on docsis 30/2 mb. I a get faster and stable connection on their 1gb LTE. Call them but u get nowhere. Just hope it'll be back to normal soon

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Edited by boike

Here in Pattaya it's the same, slow speeds and erratic on docsis 30/2 mb. I a get faster and stable connection on their 1gb LTE. Call them but u get nowhere. Just hope it'll be back to normal soon

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Thanks for this info. I'm not sure if there is any difference between docsis and DSL connections, but in the past I had True DSL and later on went to docsis, which was at that time much more stable. I don't know what exactly happened, but I clearly noticed performance issues started big time after the mil coup here!

Funny thing is though that if I connect my phone through my wifi and docsis connection and I download anything from the Google Play store it's blazing fast!! w00t.gif Really fast with 4MByte (BYTE, not bits!) per second speeds! And this is consistently throughout the day. If I try to watch any Youtube vid on primetime 8pm it's really really terrible blink.png

Anyway, above is just besides my stupid issue that I have now that I'm not able or only after a very very long time to some of my websites hosted in the Netherlands. And it's not only my sites, also other Dutch sites it's difficult or impossible to connect. While through 3G there is no issue at all.

I will not even bother to call True, since most likely they will not understand even the problem cheesy.gif (well, actually I should be crying sad.png )

@WhizBang

Kindly.

Most of the time my True DSL is actually fairly good. Somewhat variable depending on the time of day, or on weekends or holidays. But generally I can get quite a few hours of real high speed internet.

But whatever happened over a week ago has caused a much slower connection. I'll give it a few more days and see if they manage to get it sorted out before Ii try calling them again.

As for a VPN, I use one on occasions, like when I need to be 'elsewhere'. whistling.giftongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Connections are really down the toilet at the moment and have been for about a week. I understand one of the submarine cables was damaged by the recent typhoon. I am using TRUE DOCSIS and up until last week the download speeds were great.