Visa Run New Update

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows which boarder does Thai-Visa-Run uses?

I did a visa run with them once & i must say they are good.

But this time i would like to take a drive there & do a boarder run myself.

Thai-Visa-Run Company goes to Ban Laem, they all go to this place now. But if you drive your own car, I think it is better to go to Ban Pagkard, 15 miles down the south of Ban Laem.

Anyone knows which boarder does Thai-Visa-Run uses?

I did a visa run with them once & i must say they are good.

But this time i would like to take a drive there & do a boarder run myself.

Thai-Visa-Run Company goes to Ban Laem, they all go to this place now. But if you drive your own car, I think it is better to go to Ban Pagkard, 15 miles down the south of Ban Laem.

Since they are going to crack down the border runs, strongly suggest you to renew your visa with an organized visa run service.

Had to renew my visa earlier this time, I used ThaiVisaRun company again on Sunday for a border run, no problem. Ask them about the new rules, they were all laughing and booked me a seat for my next run.
let's see what's going to happen Oct 1 first!

Had to renew my visa earlier this time, I used ThaiVisaRun company again on Sunday for a border run, no problem. Ask them about the new rules, they were all laughing and booked me a seat for my next run.
Did the border officer check your previous stamps?

No, no one did. But I had only 2 stamps anyway.

No, no one did. But I had only 2 stamps anyway.

They never have had enough time to check your pass, went to Ban Laem twice with this ThaiVisaRun Company, and I saw the immigration officers twice having lunch at 2:00 PM.

I did mine on the 1st of Oct too.

I was wondering how should i go about changing my VOA to a marriage visa if i were to get marry with my girlfriend who is holding a work permit here. Or do i have to go back to own country & re enter into thailand to process the marriage visa.

Anyone who has exprience in this matter, please shed a some light with me, many thanks!!

now I know why they were all laughing.

I don't think there will be much different at the border until mid to end of december. Immigration stated that the rule change was not retroactive so no one will be hitting the 90 day limit until end of december. Visa run people may not be laughing so much then.

I don't think there will be much different at the border until mid to end of december. Immigration stated that the rule change was not retroactive so no one will be hitting the 90 day limit until end of december. Visa run people may not be laughing so much then.

I bet they will cancel this visa rule soon. By the time of Songkran 2007, things will be normal, bars open 24 hours a day and everybody's happy.

Did my border hop yesterday (Oct.9th) and it was the quickest in an out time yet. 30 mins total.

Normally it's a minimum of 45 mins at Aranyaprathet. May not be to farangs leaving Thailand for good. I did notice there were no backpackers in sight though, possibly due to many provinces being flooded out? Hate to imagine what the Cambo roads will be like.

Got my VOA marked with a nice circled '1' in green ink.

Gazza; interesting. So they will mark the visa-free-stamps visas from now on with 1,2,3,4,5,6 Etc. That does actually make some sense as easier to spot them(after 1st Oct 2006 stamps) and calculate it but still pretty stone age if they are gonna do that in the long future too.

Emmigration clerk at border:

"Hmmm... stamp numbers being within the last 180 days no. 45,46,47 adds up to 65 days so he can get 25 days stamp, but 10 days into that 25 days the stamp number 45 is halfway out of the 180 day period so he can get...hmmm...." Will be fun to watch!

Cheers!

"Hmmm... stamp numbers being within the last 180 days no. 45,46,47 adds up to 65 days so he can get 25 days stamp, but 10 days into that 25 days the stamp number 45 is halfway out of the 180 day period so he can get...hmmm...." Will be fun to watch!

Cheers!

this new rule won't last more than 180 days. it says from Oct 1 in 6 months period, that is the life time of this new rule. to continue, they have to make a new 6 months period.

Cheers!

this new rule won't last more than 180 days. it says from Oct 1 in 6 months period, that is the life time of this new rule. to continue, they have to make a new 6 months period.

It's a rolling 180 days, whereby each individual's first entry after October 1st starts the clock ticking. So if you enter on the 20th October, your 180 days ends in April, when the clock resets. However, if you were to leave after using up your 90 days total of entry free stamps, and not come back until say 4th June 2007, the clock will start from zero on that day [not from April 2007].

I tried this thaivisarun company today, it was a great service, very professional.

Gazza; interesting. So they will mark the visa-free-stamps visas from now on with 1,2,3,4,5,6 Etc. That does actually make some sense as easier to spot them(after 1st Oct 2006 stamps) and calculate it but still pretty stone age if they are gonna do that in the long future too.

Cheers!

Well, presumably if number 1 is more than 6 months before the current date, the numbering will start at 1 again... at least in theory they should do that.