Phuket: Tourist crashes into truck on Thepkasattri Rd

webfact

Phuket: Tourist crashes into truck on Thepkasattri Rd
Eakkapop Thongtub

1409564913_1-org.jpg
Police arrived at the scene on Thepkasattri Rd.

PHUKET: -- A 50-year-old Australian man was injured after crashing into a truck at a red light on Saturday night (August 30).

Police arrived at the scene on Thepkasattri Rd and found the tourist, Rodney Wright, 50, suffering from a head injury and a wounded knee, near the truck.

The truck driver, Rakchart Sanpee, 35, told police that he was waiting at the traffic lights when he heard something slam into the back of his truck.

Mr Rakchart said, “I came out and saw an injured man behind my truck, so I called 1669 for help.”

Police took the victim to Thalang hospital after being treated with first aid.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tourist-crashes-into-truck-on-thepkasattri-rd-48503.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-01

Hope he is ok, however would he have ridden a motorbike in Australia without a helmet?

I see so many skillful, capable and cool looking guys riding with no helmet wearing shorts and singlets in Thailand. They are amazing and show other tourists how good and well adapted they are.

Sorry about the rant.

you come here, read half a posted story, go to original site and you see .... not a clue more

buy hey, page views and ad shown on multiple sites ...

and i tought google banned easely some website that use duplicate content,

i might be wrong ...

Thepkasattri... what can one say.

I always say to my wife that the "Fear factor" show is total bullocks. They should get them to come and ride up and down this road on bikes. That is fear factor on steriods.

Yes...the strip from the top of the Bypass up to the airport turnoff is one of the most dangerous roads in the WORLD.