Labour market trial

TacoGuy

Maybe I'm starting to think a bit too Thai...but I don't have much sympathy for this food activist Andy Hall who is complaining about labour market conditions in Thailand. Whether he's right or not it's not really his right as a foreigner to start pointing fingers, especially at this time when the country is in the midst of a coup. In any case the country is at entirely different stage of economic development than Finland or Britain, and many of the oppressed worker would choose their lot over the alternative - abject poverty.

I hope he merely receives a slap on the wrist, but if he ends up in jail, he really only has himself to blame. Thailand is not the EU. More common sense required.

Edited by Rooo
Link

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.

Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

And let's not forget NO discussion of the Monarchy in a political context. An immediate ban is possible.

Link to forum rules regarding the Monarchy: Here

Thanks for your understanding and participation on Thaivisa.

Thaivisa moderating team

Also be aware of forum rules:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.