Why try this on a blind corner?

yankee99

This has been on TV before

The mods can delete it but it was published on youtube September 1, 2014

They may well do.

I was chastised by my fellow members as I I thought it was very funny, as in, I can't believe how stupid the rider was.

Unbelievable! !!

Not really.

I've seen Westerners driving their bikes like this on Thai roads, never mind the locals.

Many people are simply stupid.

The dumbfounded level of their stupidity comes out easier when in a group, especially when there are also video cameras involved.

Psychologically speaking it often comes down to deep-seated inferiority complexes. Something which many Thai, and also many big bike riders suffer from.

• Like 1

Seen it here before but it's still unpleasant to watch, I feel especially bad for the guy coming the other way. As for the reason, could be many things. Maybe he's feeling invincible with all the gear on? Maybe he just got a bit over excited carving through the turns? Could be pulling away from another rider he's been racing 100 metres behind him? Or the bus driver could have been deliberately blocking him for half an hour and the red mist descended? Kind of weird someone is filming his approach from the perfect spot - could have even been one of his friends holding the camera waiting for him to take the turn and he was showing off, like that famous corner where everyone wipes out in California...

Very silly move in any case. It looks like if he'd cut sharply left at the last minute in front of the bus he'd still have avoided it. Nasty crash, but a good reminder not to take these kind of risks :(

• Like 1

Every time I drive to Nan in my truck I am amazed at how many silver vans mainly as well as others

just head onwards into a blind mountain turn in the wrong lane.

Have not seen a head on yet but surely will

Especially during holidays like Songkran,etc

Which is why I try not to go on holidays anymore wink.png

But I mean a total blind mountain turn & they just jump into the oncoming lane & head into the turn in the oncoming lane

I imagine if confronted by a head on & has time to react

they will probably just push the poor guy on his left off the road to regain the lane.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Seen it here before but it's still unpleasant to watch, I feel especially bad for the guy coming the other way. As for the reason, could be many things. Maybe he's feeling invincible with all the gear on? Maybe he just got a bit over excited carving through the turns? Could be pulling away from another rider he's been racing 100 metres behind him? Or the bus driver could have been deliberately blocking him for half an hour and the red mist descended? Kind of weird someone is filming his approach from the perfect spot - could have even been one of his friends holding the camera waiting for him to take the turn and he was showing off, like that famous corner where everyone wipes out in California...

Very silly move in any case. It looks like if he'd cut sharply left at the last minute in front of the bus he'd still have avoided it. Nasty crash, but a good reminder not to take these kind of risks sad.png

Indeed poor guy coming the other way, all it takes is one idiot to f.. you up good.

You're thinking of the Mulholland rd, hundreds of crashes on youtube on that road.

Edited by rambling

Very silly move in any case. It looks like if he'd cut sharply left at the last minute in front of the bus he'd still have avoided it. Nasty crash, but a good reminder not to take these kind of risks sad.png

Indeed poor guy coming the other way, all it takes is one idiot to f.. you up good.

You're thinking of the Mulholland rd, hundreds of crashes on youtube on that road.

indeed. although - on a road like that, I would probably be hugging the kerb and not ride near the middle of the road.

I think videos like this need to be published again and again, the more stupid and bloodier the better.

Maybe some people will heed the intrinsic message contained therein.

I have saved a handful of horrible videos on my harddrive, among which the guy walking around with half his face ripped off his skull and the video where pitiful Thai volunteers pickup the scattered brain matter of two brits who wanted to speed a big bike on second road.

I will show these to my kids before they are allowed to ride a bike on their own.