Talk about frustration!

praglen

I'm trying to get the names and contact information for any and all suppliers of framing lumber for a shed I'm planning to build. HomePro, Home Mart, etc. have finished wood, not framing wood like pine. I'm beginning to believe such companies only exist in China(see Alibaba). Hope I'm wrong.

There is a store selling lumber on Pattaya-Naklua Road, on the left if you are coming from Dolphin Circle, just about where the Photisarn Road intersects from the right. (first set of lights north of Dolphin Circle) Haven't really stopped in to see what they have, but it looks fairly well stocked when I pass by.

Not really sure what you're talking about...lumber supply stores are littered all around town...both in central pattaya and outlying areas. Just not in the high-traffice tourist zones. There's one just up from the corner on pattaya nua from Sukhumvit. They're all over the Darkside too.

• Like 1

Excellent point about pine. I had some shelves made in our "maids" room a few years ago. The contractor promised it would be "hard" wood and impervious to bugs. WRONG! He used soft wood and I think they were ants that started going after them. Had to use Chaindrite several times to stop them. And completely spray them. They were already painted. What a mess.

In our village, termites are a huge problem. Many homes have had to completely replace door frames and other wood parts, with termites even coming up through the concrete! Crazy.

Our maids room is like a shed. All brick. Might want to think about that. But if you want wood, there are lots of lumber stores around. A really huge one is on highway 7, on the left side as you head to Bangkok. It's past the 36 intersection. It's massive. Can't miss it.

If you do use wood, treat it with Chaindrite beforehand. You can buy it in large cans like paint. Then just brush it on....