Wish to use Netflix on Apple TV via VPN

Searat7

I have Netflix in USA (not available in Thailand) and have successfully watched Netflix programs/movies in Thailand on my iPad using VPN. I just bought Apple TV and hoped to be able to watch Netflix programs on my HDTV but I think that Apple TV accesses my Thai wireless internet directly so Netflix does not seem to work. Any suggestions ?

Try VPN provider GoTrusted.com, I use it every day for Netflix on my Apple Tv, all you have to do is change DNS settings manual on apple tv.It is however not free, it will cost you US$ 5.99/month.

Anyway have a look at their website.

You cannot set up a VPN connection on an Apple TV because the Apple TV OS has no VPN settings. Some higher-end routers will allow you to do that, but if you are using the standard router provided to you by your ISP, it probably doesn't.

Your option for an Apple TV is to use a DNS service, and that will re-route your connection attempt to Netflix so that it looks like you are connecting from the USA or UK.

I have used Trickbyte for that, and have been very pleased with the service. When you sign up, you get a 14 day free trial and then it's US$2.99/month. With Trickbyte, you can select either a US or UK setting for Netflix. Trickbyte is a Thai operated company, but I have lots of friends outside Thailand who are happily using it. They have great tech support and the owner has a TV account here.

http://www.trickbyte.com

Edited by bubba