Banking Help Please

I am living here in BKK on a Retirement Visa.

Is there a bank where I can have the option of internet anking (including international)? Mine tells I need a Work Permit. Same as for credit card!!!!!

Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Jon

Siam Commercial has online banking. It allows you to pay a few bills, such as UBC and a few Internet services. You cannot transfer money internationally with it. You can check your bank balances. You can get a credit card there too. But, in most cases without verifiable income they will want a deposit corresponding to your credit limit.

Yes, Bangkok Bank.

You used to have to have a Work Permit to open an account, but in a recent case where a Bank was refusing to open accounts for Retirees, the Government lent on them and if you are on a Retirment Visa you can get an account without a work permit.

I have a Bangkok Bank online Banking facility, and work in Libya. I have no problems with it, I can transfer funds to my wife's account in Thailand whist she is still online chating to me.

They have recently opened an online facility to transfer funds abroad. Having said that, they are very cautious and therefore you must visit the Bank with your Passport and fill out a form naming each account that you wish to transfer money to in the future. You may think that this is a bind, but it does mean that no one can hack your account and transfer to any account they like, as they can only transfer the money to one of your designated accounts if they do.

Only problem is that incoming cheques for Pensions take 45 days to be credited to your account, whereas HSBC take only 17-19 days, but hit you with charges if you do not keep B500,000 in your account minimum.

Edited by Estrada

Is there a bank where I can have the option of internet anking (including international)? Mine tells I need a Work Permit. Same as for credit card!!!!!

Thanks

Jon

Some banks ask for a work permit, but most do not.

Just go to another bank, Siam Commercial seem friendly enough.

Debit card and online banking no problem, Credit card more difficult, but why would you need

a credit card anyway ? A debit card is fine for "most" transactions.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Thanks

Jon

Some banks ask for a work permit, but most do not.

Just go to another bank, Siam Commercial seem friendly enough.

Debit card and online banking no problem, Credit card more difficult, but why would you need

a credit card anyway ? A debit card is fine for "most" transactions.

Naka.

Naka, did you opened your account with SCB recently? If yes, where did you managed to open it? What branch? I have a friend just arrived and he would like his savings account opened with them, unfortunately all the 3 branches we visited in sukhumvit required a work permit.