Denied traveling with dogs

Babooshka

is not bull terrier banned on Thai airways?

Also what is government health certificate?

There are Quarantine and Inspection services approved Vets

Did they also forget to check the microchip and microchip certificate? because it is also a requirement

Bull terrier is not banned, but the American Staffordshire Bull terrier is. Different breeds.

Government health certificate means one, issued by a "state" vet clinic, not by a private one, even if the private vet looks after your pet from its birth.

Microchip OR tattoo certificate, to be specific.

Once again you right and have done your homework

post-216015-0-18899000-1410272834_thumb.

• 1 month later...

So we did it. It was much easier (for me) than it appears from some reports.

I got the health certificate (one for both of dogs) in a Govt. Vet clinic in my home city, exchanged it to an International health certificate in the Vet station of the home airport. Both times none asked me to present my dogs for examination. Phuket Airport vet station have finally provided me with an entry permit just a few hours before flight.

Having landed in Phuket I found the crates with my dogs in the International luggage claim and went to their Vet contron station. 10 min there, exchanged the International health certificate to an Import permit, paid Bht 200 of fee and went out. Once again none examined my dogs.

• 4 months later...

Thai airways does not allow people to transport dogs. They want you use pet carrier company , which handles everything from health to import/export permits and customs clearance .

Dogs fly as cargo, which means it cost you 5 times more than your ticket

Please don't post incorrect information. Thai Air does transport dogs and the cost will be about $238. Or somewhere there about.

http://www.thai-airways.ru/en/information-for-passengers/46/

http://www.pettravel.com/airline_pet_rules/thai_airways.cfm

http://www.thaiairwaysusa.com/flight-information/-you-fly/pet-travel/you-fly.html

I know this is a long thread, but it's worth 15 minutes to go through it, at least the last 3-4 pages.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/88593-importing-a-pet-into-thailand/

I went through this process with my dog 4-5 years ago. It was frustrating, but we got through it. I flew with UA, but brought the dog as a carry-on. I was nervous about customs. I've heard horror stories.

You need to let TA know you'll have a dog as there are only so many they will allow on each flight. Then there's lots of paperwork to do and 72 hours before your flight, get the certificate from the import department at the airport. What a pain that is. They rarely answer their phone and sometimes, they just hung up on me mid-coversation. But, 48 hours before the flight, I got the import cert by email.

Easy process at the airport, though customs there did nick me for 1,000B. No biggie.

Please check thai airway website for each country.

Pets from Australia must go through pet transport company

I brought 2 dogs less than a year ago(November 2013) and had to go through pet transport company as Thai air no longer deals with people directly.

What happened 5 years is not relevant to current rules and regulations.

The only one which would deal direct was Emirates, HOWEVER once i tried they directed me to the same pet transport company.

Transporting a dog as a cargo requires a number of papers, including silly vaccinations for diseases which do not even exist, plus export and import license, plus customs and clearance tax, plus local vet inspection and approval.

Vaccinations have to be done in certain time frame prior to travel.

Yes, different countries attract different regulations and there may be some issues to do with type to plane - for instance, Thai Airways is currently not allowing pets to be transported from Vientiane, Laos to Bangkok at least until May of this year because they are flying the "wrong kind of plane" that does not accommodate pets.

But, that said, Thai Airways still does transport pets, including dogs as accompanied baggage on many of their flights.